Driving to clinicalsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Driving to clinicals in Nursing Educators / Faculty, part of Nursing Specialties ... I have recently accepted a new position in a nursing program. For my first semester, my clinical...by mysnurse Dec 27, '12I have recently accepted a new position in a nursing program. For my first semester, my clinical site will be approx 70 miles away from my home. I will make this drive 2 times weekly. Wondering is this common for anyone else, as far as the distance to clinical site.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804511©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,197 Views
- Dec 27, '12 by Sun0408Our school had clinical sites up to 100 mile radius from the school. I never had to go that far but I was expected to if the site was selected.. I have drove 1hour and 20 minutes to a clinical site, not sure of the miles..
- Dec 27, '12 by mysnurseWow, thanks for the reply, I guess its just a part of the position
- Dec 27, '12 by elkparkDepending on where the school is located, and availability of appropriate clinical sites, you may have quite a drive to clinical. It's considered part of the job. You may or may not be able to get compensation for your mileage.
- Dec 27, '12 by somenurseoh, i recall, as a student, some of our clinicals were over an hour drive away, and we had to be there at 6am or something, oh yes, i recall leaving my house at 4:30 or 5 am.
congrats on your new job!!
- Dec 27, '12 by VickyRNCongratulations, mysnurse, on your new position! Welcome to the Nurse Educators Forum
I live 50 miles from my college of nursing and the main clinical site. It takes exactly one hour driving one way. I generally don't notice the drive in the wee hours of the early morning as I am driving to the clinical site and trying to wake fully up (j/k). On the way home, I pass the time listening to music and simply unwinding from my busy day.
- Dec 27, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014All of our clinicals are within 15-20 minutes of our school campus. Most clinicals are at the 2 hospitals across the parking lot. I guess we're extremely lucky!
- Dec 27, '12 by mysnurseThanks everyone so much at VickyRN, that it was my drive will be like daily and during clinicals. So, I may as well get adjusted to it, thanks so much
- Dec 30, '12 by lepewI had to drive an hour to clinicals to. But we got mileage so that helped
- Jan 4 by lub dubI live 3 miles from where I do my clinicals. And I live about 20 minutes from where I lecture. Guess I'm fortunate...