Xray tech~ more $$$ than RN??? - Page 4Register Today!
- Oct 22, '04 by TweetyIt all depends on demand and areas you live. Some x-ray specialties like our CT Scanners make very good money. Nuclear radiology is also a highly specialized field that requires IV therapy, etc. They make good money as well. So we're might not be talking about the one who takes xrays. We had one who got her RN and the new grad RN salary wasn't what she was making as a CT tech with many years experience, so she does both.
Anyway, this person has no self-esteem. She judges herself and others based on labels, money and job description. She's very shallow indeed.
- Oct 22, '04 by Da MonkI think I'll try selling cars!
- Oct 22, '04 by NurseFirstI could believe the academics are tougher in RadTech programs. And, in fact, a friend of mine started RadTech school and will be going straight through for 2 years--no summers off.
What I'm curious is, is the patient responsibility as great? I don't have any problem with the nursing academics--I have more problems with the actual application, and have lost sleep over my patients, wondering if I should have advocated for them better. What is the responsibility of the Rad Tech if an unstable patient needs to be xrayed?
- Oct 22, '04 by oregonreneAccording to the job postings at a large hospital chain in my area, Radiologic Techs start out at 19.14/hr. RNs start out at 23.99/hr.
- Quote from NurseFirstMaybe it's the same girl LOLAt least you don't have to deal with her every day in class...one of my fellow students is like that. I first ran into her when doing pre-reqs the year prior to starting school.:uhoh21:
- Oct 22, '04 by txspadequeenRNDont ya just hate people like that. Tell her your allnurses.com sister makes over 21/ hour as a LVN, so she now can shut her pie hole. Dont forget to tell her I take my hillbilly self down to the governor's house for dinner once a week...
- Quote from oregonreneOregon is sounding better and better by the minute. LOL :chuckle No one makes that much around here, unless you've worked somewhere for 10 + years.According to the job postings at a large hospital chain in my area, Radiologic Techs start out at 19.14/hr. RNs start out at 23.99/hr.
- Quote from txspadequeen921LOL...thanks I needed a good laugh. I'll make sure to tell her. :chuckleDont ya just hate people like that. Tell her your allnurses.com sister makes over 21/ hour as a LVN, so she now can shut her pie hole. Dont forget to tell her I take my hillbilly self down to the governor's house for dinner once a week...
- Quote from 3rdshiftguyyou're right, it is all relative. isn't it ironic how teachers and professors who help you get to where you can be a succesful member of the society and to help you further your education make one of the lowest incomes in the nation?????? they are a huge reason as to why we can do those silly little things such as read and write. if it weren't for them we wouldn't know what we know. it's dispicable. it says a lot about our country and our government. here is an idea the government can implicate...for every college graduate or every hs graduate that a teacher contributes to their success they get a bonus from uncle sam??? ahh well, it was just a thought.also it's all relative. a college graduate in biology teaching high school can look at my asssociates degree and be insulted that with two years of college i more more than him. so i not to be insulted what others make.
which reminds me.......
don't forget to vote on nov. 2nd everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Last edit by SoulShine75 on Oct 22, '04