Help! Is my nursing career done?Register Today!
- by NSY,LPN Aug 2, '12Hello All. This is looking like the end of nursing for me Short story I was having a bad day. I ended up getting hit with neglect and falsification of documents. I was given one year probation. I have filled out many job app. but no call backs. Is my nursing career over? If not please point me in the right direction. Thanks, NSY
- Aug 3, '12 by TheCommuterYour post has been moved to the General Nursing Discussion forum for more responses. I wish you the best of luck.
- Aug 3, '12 by uRNmywayHmm, I hate to say it, but you might have a hard time finding work. There are experienced nurses with no marks on their record having a difficult time with job searches. I really wish you the best of luck, but you might end up really lowering your standards for what you will take.
Maybe try agency work?
- Aug 3, '12 by TakeTwoAspirinI would do everything I could to demonstrate that I am remediating my own behavior.
I'm not trying to criticise you at all, but I would not go around saying you simply "had a bad day". Some people might interpret that as you blowing it off. Clearly, to have received probation whatever happened was relatively serious and I think you have to demonstrate that you acknowledge that. I would immediately start to do local voluntary work within the community, and even take a nursing refresher course. Do anything you can think of to demonstrate that you "get it" and are willing to put in the work necessary to change. If you show enough initiative and maturity, you just might land a job and save your career. I wish you luck.
- Thanks Jeweles26.
- Thanks TakeTwoAspirin.
- Aug 4, '12 by Cougar1113Quote from NSY,LPNWhat state do you live/work in? I had a reprimand on my license in 2007 for something that happened off clock in my personal life. I have even been turned down by some travel agencies over this. It was a reprimand which is the very least you can receive and had nothing to even do with my nursing as it was something in my personal life but the BON said it was "conduct unbecoming a professional registered nurse"!!!!Hello All. This is looking like the end of nursing for me Short story I was having a bad day. I ended up getting hit with neglect and falsification of documents. I was given one year probation. I have filled out many job app. but no call backs. Is my nursing career over? If not please point me in the right direction. Thanks, NSY
- Thanks Shalimar1113. I live in NC.
- Aug 5, '12 by VivaLasViejasOne thing I would advise you to do is be very, very discreet about what you choose to post regarding your troubles on a public board. All it takes is a few mouse clicks for someone to obtain this information, and that would do your career no good whatsoever. Especially do not post anything about this on Facebook or Twitter---social media have been known to kill more than one career, for sure.
I wish you the best of luck in getting yourself back on track. Hang in there.....it does get better.