Welcome to the Forum - General Aussie Chat - Page 6Register Today!
- Dec 14, '05 by gwenithThere seems to have been a simmering problem there for some time. It is the text messaging that has really caused the problems. I fear this may be the start of something new - the flash riot. Just like in school where the chant of "fight fight" could gather a crowd faster than free ice-creams so the text messages seem to have fueled this disgrace.
- Dec 17, '05 by AdelQuote from grace ozthanks grace, yeah i'm really looking forward to coming over to sa now. it's going to be a big change from nsw.congratulations! i'm sure you'll love working/studying and living in adelaide! it's a great place! welcome!
- Dec 18, '05 by talaxandraI feel ashamed to be Australian. I know people always say this when this kind of thing happens, but I can't believe that Australians are involved in race riots. I just... speechless
- Dec 19, '05 by wam79I don't post often ,but I do check in a lot to read the posts.
I will be moving to Adelaide in Feb. I want to thank the Aussie nurses for all the help and advice I have obtained here. (esp. Grace , Gwenith and Talaxandra)
Wishing all Happy Holidays.
- Dec 19, '05 by AdelQuote from talaxandraI would never say I'm ashamed to be Australian. It should never have gotton out of hand like that. But believe me, my sister and her husband live at Cronulla and there's a lot more to it then the media are showing.I feel ashamed to be Australian. I know people always say this when this kind of thing happens, but I can't believe that Australians are involved in race riots. I just... speechless
On a happier note hope everyone has a great Christmas and all your Christmas wishes come true.
- Dec 20, '05 by Grace Ozsending christmas greetings to everyone!
hope you all enjoy your celebrations.
i'm experiencing a rather dreadful time with ? pertussis ? asthma ?chest infection ????? they don't seem to really know! :-(
ended up in emerg on monday hooked up to oxygen! seeing a respiritory bloke tomorrow. hoping for a "cure!" .... quick!
have been battling this for about 6-8 weeks now! :-( not nice
anyway..... enough whining!
merry christmas and happy new year to all!
- Dec 20, '05 by AdelMerry Christmas to you too Grace and I hope you're feeling better soon.
- Dec 24, '05 by talaxandraOh Grace, I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope you're feeling 100% soon.
- Dec 24, '05 by gwenithMerry Christmas Grace - sorry to hear you are not well hope you get better soon!!
- Dec 28, '05 by Grace OzThanks friends. Hope you enjoyed a HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
Well, who would've believed it ..... I got diagnosed with Gastric Reflux!!!!
It appears, the reflux triggers the asthma! I've been on a sharp learning curve since learning this bit of news. Combined with a post nasal drip, the GR is what's been making me so crook! I'm such a dumbass, I NEVER even thought I might have GR! Totally ignored the symptoms! Didn't make ANY connection at all! Amazing!
It's worth Google-ing and researching it. I've certainly been enlightened about this and the connection to it triggering asthma. Either I've long since forgotten, (it IS a long time ago since I did any work in that field!), or, I've just never known of this. Unreal!
Anyway.... I'm on meds now and doing all the right things to help alleviate the problem. Beginning to "turn the corner", at LAST! THANKBLOODYGOODNESS! It's been a long time being unwell!
Maybe now, I can get my life back???!!!!!
Anyway, 'nuff 'bout that!
Take care, and catch you later!