Tattoos in healthcare - Page 6Register Today!
- May 26 by ian_onymousAnyone here who practice in Manitoba, Canada that has tattoo?
- Jun 5 by TrissRN726I personally feel like many people here said, as long as the tattoos are offensive or very large in visible places then they are acceptable. I myself have four tattoos but I have them in places that can be covered. I want a tattoo on the inside of my wrist, but I fear that it is not very professional or becoming in this profession for some employers.
- Jun 9 by calivianyaI've never heard of a hospital around here allowing visible tattoos, but maybe that's just my area. I have some coworkers with ink on their arms but they have to wear long sleeves to cover it or risk getting sent home or even possibly losing their jobs. I have a classmate who's getting a rather large tattoo done on his upper arm that extends to his elbow and he just got hired by the same hospital in the OR... I wonder what's going to happen to him when they realize he has ink that won't be covered up because you can't wear your own personal long sleeves in the OR. I hope he makes it through okay, but I'm personally not holding my breath. Some places are just stricter than others.
- Jun 10 by kguill975I have a lot of ink, it's never been a problem. I have a bracelet, that's covered by a wide band watch. In the OR that I work in, we have a tech with full sleeves, and it's not a problem.
- Jun 10 by green34Well, here we have people who have tattoos but if corporate comes down, they have to find shirts to cover up.
We have two doctors with tattoos and a few nurses. Most can be covered up with shirts though