Hello anybody out there? HIV+ NursesRegister Today!
- by herecomestrouble Aug 16, '07Is this a new forum? or one I just never noticed before?
I know there are nurses working with disabilities,why are there no threads?
If it's a new forum I'll start out,I am an LPN and I am HIV+,was dx'ed with AIDS a few years ago,CD4 count of 5, and PCP.I have been hoping to get in contact with any other + nurses.
Is there anybody out there?
- 5,670 Views
- Aug 16, '07 by EricJRNBrand new forum... minutes old, in fact. Enjoy!
- Aug 16, '07 by SuesquatchRNNope, not me, but I wanted to say hello and hope you find some other folks who share your special concerns.
- Aug 25, '07 by caymenHi,
I am not HIV+, but HCV+. but also wonder how others cope with such a bloodborne virus. I'm curious, does your employer know? I understand that we cannot be discriminated against, but realistically we can be.
I'm sorry about your dx and wish you well with your health and your career!
- Aug 25, '07 by herecomestroubleThe DON and two others in mgmt know and some of the staff,disclosing my status is not a big issue with me as I am an HIV /AIDS peer educator and so spent a lot of time giving talks that start out"Hi my name is Terry and I am HIV+"I did not originally tell anyone about my dx when I applied for the job though since I figured nobody would hire me but it came up when I was getting a yearly TB test done and the nurse giving me the test didn't put on gloves.
In my training as an AIDS educator we touched on HCV but I don't know as much about it as I should.
Good luck to you too!
- Aug 25, '07 by caymenHi again, I would like to talk with you privately. I'm pretty new on this site and sometimes see an icon to send email but not on yours. Can you send me a private message?
- Aug 25, '07 by donsterRNTo send an email, just click on the persons name, then click on "view public profile". That page (in the lower right quad) has an email link.
- Aug 26, '07 by herecomestroubleCaymen.I sent you a private message,there should be an envelope blinking at the top of the page,just click it and you will get the message
- Aug 27, '07 by punkingirlyes there are many rn's out there and we are reading !! we hope you are well and we ALL hope each of us are going to have a goooood day. keep writing....it is a good thing !!!