my name is locolorenzo and I'm an addict....Register Today!
This is a discussion on my name is locolorenzo and I'm an addict.... in Nurses / Recovery, part of General Nursing ... My name is Locolorenzo and I'm a problem gambler.... I know it in my heart, and I accept...by locolorenzo22 Feb 4, '08My name is Locolorenzo and I'm a problem gambler....
I know it in my heart, and I accept everything that changed in my life because of it. I stole from parents, I lost a girl that I loved for 6 years, and I lost all the trust I ever built up with my friends.
I was aimless, without purpose. Then once I decided to be a nurse, I had to fight hard to keep my keel (and my money) for school and expenses....I lose the battle ever so often, but I work on it......
and I know I need the strength to get through.....so I take it day by day.....
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=279666©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,233 Views
- Feb 4, '08 by ElvishThanks for sharing, locolorenzo.
One day at a time, friend.
- Feb 4, '08 by TweetyThanks for taking the time to share your story. Good luck in your recovery and abstainence.
- Feb 7, '08 by happynursy74Me again..one question for you guys..what would make this situation more supportive? In other words, did you find that nursing as a whole supported you in seeking help, or were you treated negatively? What do you thin would make overcoming addiction easier, manageable?
- Feb 7, '08 by time4meRNThanks for sharing with us, like others said find a gamblers anon group and do it one day at a time. I've never been to a gamblers group but my hopes are that it can help you as did AA for me.
- Feb 18, '08 by TheCommuterThanks for taking the time and courage to share your story!
- Feb 21, '08 by CHATSDALEi think that being with a group gives some strength
wait a while until you have some time on your side before you share anything with people you work with