Almost 4 years, no luck finding nursing job, life destroyed?! - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 15 by loriangel14This thread is almost a year old and the OP hasn't been on since February.
- Sep 19 by thelynx520GotoGirl:
I am in a similar situation situation. I am 4 years clean, have a good recovery program, and cannot get a job despite outstanding experience. I can't even get a job in a treatment program! Did you get your probation lifted? My contract lasts for 5, yes 5 years. I had no probation, no suspension, etc. I am still giving urines, if you can believe that! I don't know what it takes to convince them I'm clean and serious about recovery. 4 years of clean drug screens, going on 5! Where are you at in terms of employment? I would love to know. Personally, I'm getting ready to go to our state human rights commission. A. Terminated with a disability, b. hiring discrimination practices.
- Sep 21 by subeeFive years is very usual. I don't know about other nursing specialties, but the five year mark is a dangerous one for us CRNA's. I see many nurses coming through a support group and none of them are jobless after 4 years. Did you ever have the opportunity to join an RN support group? That's where most of the nurses found their recovery friendly employers.
- Oct 14 by HeyshortybooJust wanted to know if anything changed I'm in Louisiana and it's gonna be 2 years and I've had multiple interviews but know one to hire me b/c of probation status.
- Oct 15 by sissiesmamaQuote from HeyshortybooHi Shorty! Glad to meet another La nurse on the forum! I got put into our RNP in 1999 and had NO idea how hard it would be to find another nursing job after - it is SO hard to find someone to give u a chance.Just wanted to know if anything changed I'm in Louisiana and it's gonna be 2 years and I've had multiple interviews but know one to hire me b/c of probation status.