nclex rn application in Nevada - Page 2Register Today!
- Hi there? Did u graduate from the Philippines? I'm just just wondering if Nevada BON requires other requirements aside from CGFNS report? Thanks
- Yup! I did! it says that for International Graduates they require IELTS/TOEFL.. but i read from someone who posted here that they just require CES.Last edit by Simsimi on May 27, '12 : Reason: incomplete question
- Yes i already checked out the Nevada BON. My NCLEX RN application is registered at California because before they have less requirements... but now, due to their recent changes in requirements for licensure exams like the Concurrent MS/OB something... I don't think it's still possible for me to seat for exam at CA BON. And i'm already here in Las Vegas that's why i'm considering this option too... I just want to weigh my options since applying for licensure exam in Nevada is costly due to additional requirements like CGFNS report and English exam? And also i'm already here in the US that's why i can't go personally to my nursing school in the Philippines where i was educated to accomplish the requirements for the CGFNS report. Had i known that California will change their requirements i should have stick to applying directly to Nevada BON when i was still in the Philippines. That's why i'm gathering a lot of information so i can make a smart decision. Thanks a lot and God Bless us all...
- Quote from lasvegas77Hi there! i'm just wondering if you're a foreign educated nurse? i saw their website and they require IELTS/TOEFL but you said they only need CGFNS report. I'm also in Las Vegas too. :-)im from LV nevada and NO it's not strict at all, it's just time-consuming, there is no TOEFL or CGFNS exam. all they want is a CGFNS-CES evaluation of your TOR and clinical hours. the evaluation process take a while like 4-6months but at least you need not study for CGFNS or TOEFL.
- May 27, '12 by german_girl11I think almost all Boards require an English Test for international nurses. Some require the CGFNS Test, some dont.
Just go on CGFNS.org. You will find out everything there.
- May 27, '12 by Silverdragon102Moving to the International forum
Nevada website indicates if Principal language of country where you trained was not English then a english exam is required.
- May 28, '12 by lasvegas77Quote from Simsimii looked at the NV BON website and YES, i guess they now need the english proficiency exam (which i didnt have to take when i applied for licensure through NV BON) --- :-(Hi! Good day! Does anybody knows if Nevada requires English proficiency exam for International Graduates? i'm a foreign educated nurse from the Philippines.Last edit by lasvegas77 on May 28, '12 : Reason: info update
- May 28, '12 by lasvegas77if the principal language of the country where you completed your nursing program is a language other
than english, you are required to take and pass any
one of the following options.
you are required to
complete an english proficiency exam
regardless of your country of citizenship or language of
--quoted from nv bon
- May 28, '12 by SimsimiQuote from lasvegas77Hi there! Thanks for the reply! when did u apply for eligibility? I'm just wondering if you're educated from the PI too? Thanks.i looked at the NV BON website and YES, i guess they now need the english proficiency exam (which i didnt have to take when i applied for licensure through NV BON) --- :-(