nclex application process???Register Today!
- by DavLuvMe Jun 27, '12I am a Filipina and have moved here last March of this year. I am a registered nurse in the Philippines. But unfortunately, i dont have any hospital experience yet coz i left Philippines so soon after passing the examination. Im planning of taking the NCLEX here in Texas but I have no idea of the requirements and where to apply and the costs for it.I need y'alls help of what are the steps to applying the NCLEX here!. i hope to hear from y'all soon guys! Maraming Salamat!
- 2,656 Views
- Jun 27, '12 by mountainskyrancherQuote from DavLuvMeTry the California Board of Registered Nursing. They have all the information and application online here...I am a Filipina and have moved here last March of this year. I am a registered nurse in the Philippines. But unfortunately, i dont have any hospital experience yet coz i left Philippines so soon after passing the examination. Im planning of taking the NCLEX here in Texas but I have no idea of the requirements and where to apply and the costs for it.I need y'alls help of what are the steps to applying the NCLEX here!. i hope to hear from y'all soon guys! Maraming Salamat!
- Jun 27, '12 by steppybayShe asked about Texas. Here's the information, pay close attention to #9.
Click on the OnLine application by examination.
CA is not going to happen to the mass majority of PH grads or nurses or for most other foreign nurses/countries now due to concurrency issues or lacking clinical hours or other needed courses.Last edit by steppybay on Jun 27, '12 : Reason: added info
- Jun 27, '12 by CCLegnonWe have the same situation.I just moved last March here in Texas First thing is to google TEXAS BOARD OF NURSING and you will find the requirements for international graduates.By the way,Im Filipina too.Just PM me if you have question,my CGFNS is on process now and I submitted already my application to TEXAS BOARD OF NURSING!
- Hello! i wish id get to know you so we can do this thing together. did you take an examination for CGFNS? where? is there an online application for that?
- somebody sent me a msg and suggested about taking nclex in Ca but i couldnt reply coz im new in this site and it says i cant send any private msg unless im getting on here for awhile now, but im not. but anyway, i was gonna say that somebody once told me before that i can just take NCLEX from another state, idk if im right but i think i remember its either georgia or New Mexico, coz the requirements arent as much, and not as comlicated as here in texas. and then if i pass, she said something about, (idk if i still remember it ryt, reciprocate?) it is a process to have my license usable here in the state of texas.
- one more thing, i have not processed my adjustment of status here in the US yet, but soon i will have my Social Security, is it possible for me to take NCLEX with just having social security? or do i need to be permamnent resident here? thank You!
- Jun 27, '12 by CCLegnonIf you apply with Texas BON,the CGFNS will just evaluate your credentials from the Philippines.Have u read the TEXAS board of Nursing requirements?Hmm,it sounds like your adjusting your status too..I just submitted my AOS and Im waiting with my biometrics.Its ok to take NCLEX even without SSN.They will just ask for identification such as passport
- thank you so much for the information!
- Jun 27, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Advice on Immigration forum
Do not try CA, currently many foreign nurses are having issues with meeting CA requirements especially from the Philippines. CGFNS do a few services but very few states require CGFNS exam most like Texas just require CES which is course evaluation