How to: Applying for the CGFNS CES - page 3
by iirnited 60,313 Views | 131 Comments
Let me start of by saying that I intend to make this a thread to help others (more on Filipinos but can be used as a general guide) who want to pursue their nursing career abroad, specifically the United States, and need an... Read More
- 0Aug 7, '12 by phoebe018hi. i'm applying for ny and one of the requirements is cgfns. i tried paying online through credit card but they said that my credit card information is wrong. i was stubborn enough to type the info many times, because i wanted to pay already. now, i can't pay through credit card anymore this is what they said:
you have made too many credit card attempts. money orders or bank drafts in us funds will only be accepted at this time. if you have any questions please contact cgfns international finance department.
can i still pay through credit card or do i have to stick with bank drafts?
pls help guys.. -phoebe
- 0Oct 7, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminQuote from heyprincessheyShould be under CES or a copy in handbook. You are responsible unless applying for CVS then it is CGFNS responsibilityHi, what exactly is the TRANSCRIPT VALIDATION FORM? Do I send it to my school? Or CGFNS will send it to my school? Super confusinG TIA
- 1Oct 7, '12 by joeldewQuote from heyprincessheySend this form directly to CGFNS. This is a consent form which authorises CGFNS to obtain a "transcript" of your nursing education directly from your college/university. CGFNS will write to your college/university (with the attached form as evidence of consent) requesting for your academic "transcript".Hi, what exactly is the TRANSCRIPT VALIDATION FORM? Do I send it to my school? Or CGFNS will send it to my school? Super confusinG TIA
If you hold a current/valid licence in your country, there should also be a LICENCE VALIDATION FORM. This form should also be sent to CGFNS. This is a consent form which allows CGFNS to obtain information pertaining to your licence from your local nursing authority. CGFNS will write to your local nursing authority (with the attached form as evidence of consent) requesting a copy of your local licence.
- 0Oct 15, '12 by francesgHi! I have read the requirements for the Credentials Evaluation Service (CES) and I would just want to clarify this requirement: "Documentation of your secondary school education". Does it mean CGFNS would still require transcripts from my secondary school/high school, aside from the diploma? And if so, could I just request the transcripts from my secondary school and I would be the one to send it to CGFNS? Thanks..
- 0Oct 24, '12 by KrisedjaI am a US citizen in the process of completing the CGFNS CES right now. Regarding the Filipino boards, you must have a letter from the PI PRC stating that you are not a citizen, and therefore not eligible to sit for the boards... good luck. After three months of waiting for this letter to arrive, they sent somethign stating that I am in fact Filipino and did not sit for the exam even though I was eligible... I don't understand why one couldn't just show proof of US citizenship. I was also recently told that there were no excetions for the TOEFL. If anyone has had an exception, please let me know how you were able to get this. Thank you!