California NCLEX-RN passer w/o SSN wanting to apply for NY license:STEP BY STEPRegister Today!
This is a discussion on California NCLEX-RN passer w/o SSN wanting to apply for NY license:STEP BY STEP in Nurse Registration, part of World Nursing ... I have seen alot of members who are asking for a STEP BY STEP guide on how to apply for a New York...by nursejas_1188 Sep 3, '11I have seen alot of members who are asking for a STEP BY STEP guide on how to apply for a New York License
most of them are experiencing the problem i have experienced before. I took up the NCLEX-RN last February 09, 2011 for the CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD which i fortunately passed the downside is I'm from the Philippines
THE PROBLEM: CALIFORNIA BRN IS REQUIRING SSN BEFORE ISSUING A LICENSE
TAKE NOTE: GUYS ESPECIALLY MY FILIPINO BROTHERS AND SISTERS we can not refer to this process as "ENDORSING/ENDORSEMENT of LICENSE" simply because we do not have an active and valid LICENSE TO ENDORSE..
what i immediately did was to go to NY'S website( http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/ ) and contact NY BON for some questions.
THIS IS HOW I STARTED MY PROCESS (just sharing)
To be licensed in NY by "endorsement" of your CA NCLEX-RN
STEP 1: You need to download FORM 1- Application for Licensure and First Registration
****All applicants for licensure must complete this form and submit it with the licensure and registration fee of $143.00 directly to the Office of the Professions at the mailing address at the end of Form 1. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH. Make checks payable to the New York State Education Department, (to my Filipino friends my bank BDO does not issue money order they only do demand draft which means no refunds, PLEASE make sure that you READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY NOT ONLY FROM THIS INFO BUT FROM THE FORM ITSELF). You must answer all questions and provide all information requested unless otherwise indicated. Failure to complete all required parts of the application will delay its review. Form 1 must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public.
STEP 2: Download Form 3 – Certification of Approval of Nursing Program and/or License Status or Licensing Examination Results
****This form must be submitted by the licensing authority, I paid $60 for this. Use this form if you are applying for licensure by endorsement of a license in another U.S. jurisdiction. Complete Section I and forward this form to the licensing authority of the jurisdiction in which you passed the State Board Test Pool (SBTP) or the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX). Ask the licensing authority to complete Sections II and III and submit the completed form directly to the Office of the Professions at the address at the end of the form.
STEP 3: CGFNS Credentials Verification
****If you seek to meet the education requirements for Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse through a program you completed outside the United States, your educational credentials must be verified by an independent credentials verification organization. For additional information, contact:
The Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
PO Box 8628, Philadelphia, PA 19104-8628
Contact numbers can be found through the website
PLEASE NOTE: This verification process is not the same as CGFNS certification (which is required for Registered Nurse limited permit applicants only). The CGFNS credentials verification process for New York State licensure applicants is a process for verifying the authenticity of your education credentials. It is not an evaluation or certification process.
*** YOU NEED TO ACCOMPLISH TWO COURSES FOR NY
SANITATION/INFECTION CONTROL AND CHILD ABUSE
For information on the Child Abuse course and Infection control, including the exemption form and a list of approved providers, visit their website at
You may also take this course online at http://www.elearnonline.net,
click on course offerings, and then click on New York.
I think i paid around $45 for both of them
I HOPE I WAS ABLE TO HELP SOME OF YOU GOODLUCK
Now, the only problem left is CGFNS's slowwwwwwww process anyway i guess i just have to patiently wait...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=612977©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 11,636 Views
- Sep 16, '11 by pinoyUSRNHi nursjas! Tnx for posting this info... i've been trolling the net trying to look for these answers.... i emailed opnid4 asking the same questions but i haven't gotten any reply from them yet... i already applied for the CVS for NY & i'm just waiting for that to be processed... thank u much!
- Sep 17, '11 by nursejas_1188Quote from pinoyUSRNyour welcome!!! glad to know that i was able to help you.. if i may ask when have u started the process for CVS?Hi nursjas! Tnx for posting this info... i've been trolling the net trying to look for these answers.... i emailed opnid4 asking the same questions but i haven't gotten any reply from them yet... i already applied for the CVS for NY & i'm just waiting for that to be processed... thank u much!
- Sep 18, '11 by pinoyUSRN@ nursejas....
hi! i applied for CVS for NY online last july 25....it's still being processed....u may need to contact the appropriate authorities though so u could follow up on those CVS requests...u know how it is out here....gov't people move sooo slowly...
- Sep 18, '11 by nursejas_1188hello again!!
i know.. thats what ive been doing but i was in a state of shock when i found out that it is not prc's fault i know some friends who have undergone same procedure and prc was the first one to send all appropriate documents requested they waited maximum of 2 months... it turns out that its CGFNS's fault... they have not made any payment yet for their request which according to prc was "ready-to-mail" since july 27... i volunteered to just pay for it so i could send it through fedex for faster process but they said they couldn't release it since it is an office to office transaction and its per batch when i asked them last month they said there are actually 2-3 batched ahead of me which is frustrating since i paid everything in full since june 02 2011.,, i just want to know what happened to my payment? i tried calling CGFNS the agent put me on hold for 30 minutes and the line just got cut off, i told my sister to call them instead but the call center agent didn't want to talk to her since she is not me...
- Sep 26, '11 by de_buena_fe_RNguys what cvs stands for? I'm also a california nclex passer. i also wanted to apply for me to get a license. my nclex will expire this year so i need to fix this immediately. thank you..
- Sep 26, '11 by Silverdragon102Just go to CGFNS and read up on CVS as well as check out requirements. Takes approx 8 months to go through the process and get a license issued
- Sep 26, '11 by kinsellaHi nursejas_1188
We seem to have the same situation (no SSN obviously no license to endorse) the only difference is I applied for Arkansas BON.
I already paid for the CVS for NY (390usd) and will be sending the required documents to CGFNS.
They say CVS processing takes about 6 months.
I just have questions regarding form 1IC (infection control training).
You can send me or I can send my cell number to you.
Thank you and God bless!!!
Hoping for your kind reply
- Sep 26, '11 by itsmejuliI'm just wondering what's the point of spending all that money on getting a US license when you still need a work permit to get a job? I'd be more concerned about getting a work permit and SSN before spending money on a license.
- Sep 27, '11 by nursejas_1188Quote from greenCRNsorry just now--CVS stands for CREDENTIALS VERIFICATION SERVICES for NYguys what cvs stands for? I'm also a california nclex passer. i also wanted to apply for me to get a license. my nclex will expire this year so i need to fix this immediately. thank you..