CA BVNPT - LVN inquiries and updates for international students - Page 3Register Today!
- May 11, '12 by shawiesally911 may I ask if your overseas friend transferred her requirements to BVN or she requested a new requirements from her school when she applied BVN? When did she apply BVN? Thanks!
- May 11, '12 by sallyp911Quote from shawieShe submitted her application sometime in Jan-Feb. 2012 and she submitted as a new application since she's still overseas and able to get to her school to get the needed documentation and sent them to a friend here in CA, who then sent off the entire package via Fedex ground (this way, the package letter could be traced and able to follow its path on-line).sally911 may I ask if your overseas friend transferred her requirements to BVN or she requested a new requirements from her school when she applied BVN? When did she apply BVN? Thanks!
She figured the extra cost of having the CA BON wasn't worth it in terms of speed or knowledge when the BVNPT would get it.
But she's going to re-submit an request to have her application re-evaluated again, as she (we) think the rules were changed with respect of the concurrency issue and she should have been approved under the "old" rule, but I think it's better to have another evaluator look at her application. I think two different people could give two answers, as maybe one of them is not yet versed.
After thought: oh, no, I just forgot, even if she gets the ATT to take the LVN exam, she can't.....no SS#, according to the BVNPT reply, the Board requires a valid SS#...I think I"ll wait till tomorrow to call her as it's night time over there. I rather tell her in person to break the news.Last edit by sallyp911 on May 11, '12 : Reason: added info
- May 11, '12 by shawieI think that's the reason she got denied because she doesn't have an SS#. Check the the Instruction to Applicants for Licensure b. Social Security Number - applications for licensure will not be processed until US SS# is received. Did your friend tell you the exact reason why she got denied?
- May 11, '12 by sallyp911Quote from shawieNo, it was not denied due to the lack of providing a SS# or they would have simply returned the entire package like they do with RN applications submitted without a SS#.I think that's the reason she got denied because she doesn't have an SS#. Check the the Instruction to Applicants for Licensure b. Social Security Number - applications for licensure will not be processed until US SS# is received. Did your friend tell you the exact reason why she got denied?
Like some states let applicants thru without a SS# and even pass NCLEX, but then they are unable to get the actual license until a SS# is provided.
As mentioned before, she received a denial letter stating the "concurrency issue". It's the same posting on the BVNPT website, you will see it's clearly stated as the last item of their checklist of possible reasons for non-approvals:
-- Lack of concurrent instruction of theory and clinical practice. Please double check their site for this.
She called me and we just got off the phone with me to tell her the bad news about the SS# is needed even if she got the ATT. It was one of the longest moment of silence between us. But she knows that's the reality now and just that much tougher to come to the States. So sad....:-(
She did jokingly say, "time to dump her boyfriend there and find a good American guy here"...okay, guys, she said this in a very light hearted statement, as he's a very nice guy whom I met, very loyal and lovingly, good looking too! He comes from a wealthy family there, lives at home still, but home is like 3,000 sq. ft. model home and I was impressed with the 4 maids, so I know she's not going to leave him.
- May 11, '12 by kayakotoaccdg.to sallyp911 post.....(1). Will the BVNPT still accept applicants with the NON-currency of their classes?
The LVN Board does not require concurrency of theory/clinical however, it is on a case by case basis, whereby yes, you must show your courses were taken in the same semester. The Board may require a Declaration that no internet/distance learning was in the program and may require copies of passport/visas.
@ sallyp911...yes Its a case to case basis but in your post your always insisting of the concurrency issue,that you know many IEN are having problems with,that started from CABON.but since Im approved by BVNPT I think your friend was denied because she doesnt have SS#.FYI prior to my application to BVNPT I also asked CABON about the concurrency thing with BVNPT and said it will not affect me if ever I decide to challenge d exam.
And how come will BVNPT set the concurrency issue as you keep on insisting if in the first place the BVNPT didnt even asked me for it.They just told me to send my Record of Nursing Program,TOR and proof of 54hrs.pharmacology.
- Jun 11, '12 by steppybayTo kayakoto...did you have to submit a GED diploma (maybe you went to school in CA?)...my two friends just got asked for more documentation from us, they need our high school certificate, I think. So now we must ask our PH old schools for this now!
It's on the BVNPT website:
Proof of 12th Grade Education
All applicants must provide proof of 12th grade education or its equivalent. A high school diploma or GED certificate is acceptable.
You are very lucky that you got your application approved by the BVNPT.
- Jun 11, '12 by steppybayI have been chatting with my friends who got their letter from the BVNPT. One was telling me that she spoke with a BVNPT person in general and that applicants are only allowed to take the NCLEX-PN three times, after the 3rd failure to pass, you have to reapply all over again! So better pass the exam before the 3rd time is up. You can apply every 45 days, just have to pay the retake fees and NCLEX fees.
She also said that they may start to also enforce the "lack of concurrent instruction of theory and clinical practice" but have not yet done so, but it is stated in their website and under their rules about unapproved nursing programs.
You have to sign a "declaration of nursing education", meaning that you are signing that you did not take any courses via the internet, on-line or was of a "distance learning" (??) in nature and may ask for a passport or visa.
So I think that if you're going to apply as an LVN in CA, you need to quickly submit your application NOW or could be faced with more restrictions like those that tried for their ATT to take the RN exam but got caught too late with the CA BON requirements.
- Jun 11, '12 by melai12hello there!! i just received a letter today from BVNPT.. by the way i was denied to take RN exam at CABRN so i applied lvn exam after 3 mos i got a replied from BVNPT asking for my GED or high school diploma and a DECLARATION OF NURSING EDUCATION or/LICENSURE pls guys help me to fill it up.. i dont understand what their asking about Q.4,5,6,7,8 and 9.. is the Q#6 asking for CHED??? cuz the CABRN already send my school records to BVNPT i paid $30 for that.. so i guess the Q.5 and 8 will provide that info.. and the Q#9??? translation qualification?? what is that?? pls guys i need ur help. thanks!
- Jun 12, '12 by steppybayMy friend's application asked for verification of clinical hours? We think that if she didn't work before, she could use the educational courses to be used instead of that (it says on the website that paid bedside experience can be substitued by education)? She's afraid that this could be another thing to reject the application due to the concurrency issues again like the CA BON? Oh no, we hope not!
- Jun 13, '12 by kayakotoI just want to point some issues here regarding to some of you guys applying for BVNPT licensure exam.
1)first thing is we got denied from CABON for licensure because of concurrency issue, so some of us requested our documents to be transferred to BVNPT right?,the thing is even if the CABON transferred our documents it doesnt necessarily mean that we will be given automatic approval from BVNPT without requesting additional requirements from us for they have their own forms to be filled up.
Maybe I just got lucky they didnt ask any additional forms from me to be filled up because maybe I guess:
1)I didnt asked CABON to transfer my document or whatever we call it.
2)I filled up all the needed forms that are needed by BVNPT not just their application form.
3)and I think the most important form is the RECORD of NURING PROGRAM.That is the form that our school need to fill up and be submitted to BVNPT,and for what I see it is the DECLARATION of NURSING EDUCATION/and or LICENSURE(but not really sure).
4)we also need to show our 54 hours of pharmacology,that is included in the RECORD of NURSING PROGRAM so no worry about it for our school will know what to do with it.
Sorry for I havent opening my account for days for Im reviewing already for the exam.Ill just update you guys soon esp.my kababayan after I take the test.Wish you all guys goodluck and I know we will all succeed in our chosen career.