Check out those veins! - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 11, '02 by hogan4736On the first date w/ my now wife...I commented on hers, she smiled...The rest is history
- Apr 11, '02 by nurs4kidsokay, I confess..it's actually worse than mentioned...be honest girls..
How many of you have looked at that big vein on your hubby/bf's "Main vein" and thought.."boy, I could pop a 14 in that right now!!"???Last edit by nurs4kids on Apr 11, '02
- Apr 11, '02 by PediRNI am in IV withdrawal. When I was a staff nurse, I was known as the "IV queen" because I rarely if ever missed a vein. After three years in management, I hardly ever get a chance to stab someone!! LOVE big juicy veins.
- Apr 11, '02 by CEN35originally posted by nurs4kids
okay, i confess..it's actually worse than mentioned...be honest girls..
how many of you have looked at that big vein on your hubby/bf's "main vein" and thought.."boy, i could pop a 14 in that right now!!"???:d
alright i was just thinking about that when i read your post nurs4kids!
i can't tell you how many times, people walked up behind me at work. proceeded to run their finger down the back of my arm, and ask if they can stick me with a 14 :chuckle
i usually answer, yeah after i'm unconcious! :chuckle
- Apr 11, '02 by grandma rn38hi i"m grandma rn38
i look at veins all the time in public, in wal-mall,and also at my familys veins. my son has lg veins easy to get, but where i work the pts veins are so bad, is there a limit to the number of sticks a nurse should stick. one pt was stuck 20 times by 3 nurse in 2hrs.
don't you think this is to much. i do.
- Apr 11, '02 by LasVegasRNHello, My name is LasVegasRN, and I am a vein gawker. :chuckle
Very tall basketball players (one's 6'4" and taller) have the most magnificent viens I've seen. One player, that was 7' tall had HOSES. Wow.
Rick Foxx. Now there's a guy I'd like to start an IV on. No, take that back.. I'd need suction while trying to start it... :roll
- Apr 11, '02 by CATHYWHow many of you all have "popped" an angio into one of those athletic type veins without a tourniquet? I found it quite easy to do, and while bragging on the great veins to the patient, made the stick. I think their egos probably absorbed the pain! LOL!
- Apr 11, '02 by sharannSharann confesses to being a wein addict as well.
My husbands veins are those wonderful, bouncy types (18 G, probably 16 easy as well). He doesn't mind if I palpate them, he says he likes it as long as I remain faithful to his veins only. No palpating strangers in the supermarket.
- Apr 12, '02 by JeannieMI was at a bachelorette party for a friend at an "ahem" ladies' club. I've been a nurse too long, married too long or both, because as the gentlemen were doing their thing, all I could do was drool at the huge, gorgeous veins! 18 gauge, anywhere...excuse me while I fan myself!
- Apr 12, '02 by whipping girl in 07I laughed so hard when I saw this thread! I look at veins all the time, and when I was in school, I would BEG my husband to let me start an IV on him, just once, so I could finally get one! All my IV opportunities were (and usually still are) very hard sticks!!
But he's a big wuss and never said yes.
The worst part is, though, I had a thing for arm veins WAY before I ever became a nurse, or even became interested in nursing. Back in high school I used to LOVE checking out the guys who lifted weights and had AWESOME veins. That was almost 10 years ago.
Weird, I know...