How is Bismarck for an new grad looking for RN work?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How is Bismarck for an new grad looking for RN work? in North Dakota Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I currently live in Miami and the job market is so saturated that it is almost impossible to find...by sunspotmia Jan 21, '11I currently live in Miami and the job market is so saturated that it is almost impossible to find an RN job here without HR jerking you around and then telling you later that you need experience to get a job, which is the classic catch 22 when the job market is tight or nonexistant in an area.
Anyway, My grandmother and aunt both live in (Near) Bismarck, ND and they've offered to put me up if I can actually get a job as an RN in a hospital or clinic. I've been out of school for about 9 months, but I do have my BSN degree and BLS, ACLS, PALS certifications and I have taken a Phlebotomy course to keep up my skills.
Is there anyone who has knowledge of whether a move would be a good idea for me? I've looked at the web sites for Med Center One and St. Alexis but I really can't get a feel if I'd have a good shot at being hired.
Any insight would be really welcomed.
Thank so much in advance.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=527887©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,317 Views
- Jan 24, '11 by josalynrnHey!
Maybe I can help. I got my BSN in Bismarck at the University of Mary, and actually did all of my clinicals at St. Alexius. I have lots friends that got jobs at both St. A's and Medcenter One. With your extra certifications, I think you'd definitely have a good chance at being hired.
I will warn you though, winters in North Dakota are definitely not as nice as Miami!
Hope this helps!
- Jan 24, '11 by josalynrnOn second thought, I don't think you just have a good chance, I could almost say with absolute certainty you'd get a job there. Job market in North Dakota is pretty good compared to the rest of the country.
- Feb 21, '11 by MoogieExcellent. Many places in ND are still offering hiring bonuses.
- Apr 27, '12 by EmTheNewRNJosalynrn & Moogie, do you know if there are currently places that are open to new grad ASNs? I'm familiar with Trinity's offers, but with the housing what it is in Minot, I'd definitely consider other ND regions that need RNs.
- Mar 19 by blarnYou could be picky and get just about any specialty you wanted in Bismarck