Mission Hospital Asheville or Duke - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 12, '12 by CrazierThanYouQuote from SandraCVRNGood luck! What department did you apply to?I hope I get to join you two soon. We have been thinking about relocating to Asheville. I put in an app online Saturday and they called me Monday morning.
- Sep 12, '12 by SandraCVRNCVOR -Cardio Vascular Operating Room. Looks like they have a huge Heart program.
- Sep 17, '12 by alipetraOh no!! Haha! I start orientation next Monday. Now I'm really excited!
Sandra, I just got your message today. I actually just pulled into town in Asheville so I will be sure to message you as soon as I can answer more of your questions
Crazier: did you ask about relocation allowance? I haven't asked yet
- Sep 17, '12 by SandraCVRNI plan on asking for relocation plus anything else I can get.... :-)
- Sep 17, '12 by alipetraWho do I talk to about relocation expenses? The HR coordinator? I've never had to ask about it before. I hope it's not too late!
- Sep 18, '12 by SandraCVRNit would be HR. I don't know if they will or not but never hurts to ask..... all they can do is say no. Do you move an entire household? Yourself or amoving company? How much did it cost?
Relocation, sign on, etc sometimes depends on how bad they need someone. And if they know how bad you need them. Did you already have a job? I do, so if they NEED my skills they will have to pay for them
- Sep 19, '12 by alipetraI already had a job and moved for the job at Mission. I'm not sure how much my relocation expenses have cost so far but it's been pricey. The drive, staying in a hotel for a week, not to mention the cost of making the trip up here to interview for the job. I just moved myself...I can't imagine the cost of moving a family! I called HR yesterday but haven't heard anything back. I figured they would talk about it when I signed my papers, got my badge etc, which is what my old hospital did. Hopefully, I'll find out more today. It's been tough!
- Sep 19, '12 by SandraCVRNHope you had a good day!!!!
- Nov 21, '12 by bmelissaMission is a great hospital with an awesome heart department, one of the best. I was a heart patient there almost 6 years ago and was very impressed with the nurses and doctors there. I am a first year nursing student and may work there some day. I have heard it helps if you know someone that works there and that they ask you if you do. My husband's aunt has been there for over 20 years and has loved it! Good luck everyone!
- Dec 3, '12 by dinosaur44I too am starting to research Mission for a future position. Can anybody give any input to how the CVICU works as far as scheduling? Do the nurses schedule their own hours, rotate weekends, etc. Do they offer weekend Baylor options? Do they utilize 12 hour shifts?
I was also wondering about the float pool. Is it a good one? I'm not a big fan of the one they use in the hospital I'm currently working in.