ECPI versus Wake Tech, DTCC, Wilson, or BartonRegister Today!
- by Princess74 May 24, '05Quote from monique7Hi. Im looking for anyone who will be attending ECPI/Medical careers i nstitute starting Aug 2nd in Virginia Beach.I need info about Lpn/Rn program.
Hi Monique. I am enrolled in the August LPN class at MCI in VA Beach. It starts on Aug 1st.
The cost for the school is $19 thousand. You take an entrance exam and if you pass, your in. I bombed out on the math portion so I have to take a math class there next month so that I wont be behind in pharm.
As far as the RN class goes, I'm not really sure when it starts but I believe there is a class in Aug. They have just started the program and from what they told me the students who are in it now that were not already LPN's are really having it rough. They told me that they have not had anyone go to boards yet so who knows what the pass rate will be.
The pass rate for the LPN program is 95%.
I'd be happy to give you more info if you have any specific questions.Last edit by Princess74 on May 24, '05
- 22,166 Views
- May 25, '05 by chadashYeah, it would have been 19,950 if I had gone. It seems like a great program, and I like the fact that they take you through in 12 months. Seems real connected. I took the NET also and it was not bad at all. Take your time on it, I did it faster than I needed to! Really liked the staff at the Raleigh location.They really tried, but I could only get 15,000 in federal student loans and my hubby said no way on the personal loans, since i am OLD!
Good luck! been an aide for years, and there is nothing in the world quite like nursing....
- Jun 6, '05 by 2bRn-STATAnyone out there getting ready for the June 27th start for the LPN program over at ECPI? Im looking for Raleigh ECPI members and havent seen any on the site yet. I got my acceptance letter about 3 weeks ago now and am so excited it is ridiculous. Any Wake tech or Durham Tech students out there? I went to both up until this Spring semester and took the summer off to see if ECPI would get me in-and they DID.
- Jun 6, '05 by truernI'm in the Wake Tech RN program...out for the summer, though
Two semesters to go!! WOO HOO!!
- Jun 6, '05 by 2bRn-STATWow! I know you cant wait. I have been taking courses at Wake tech since Fall of 2004. I just took the hobet and passed it. I just dont have enough points yet. How many points do you think people have that are getting into this fall or next Spring? I still need Micro and nutrtiton-those points will really help once I take those 2 classes. How many classes did you have under your belt before they called you? You didnt have to take Hobet back when you got accepted-thats good Im on Durham Techs wait list too. I got accepted into ECPI's lpn program that starts this June, it ends next June. I hope then to transfer to Wake Tech with advanced placement or Vance-Granville to get my Rn. According to Shelly(admissions)-it seems much faster to get into Wake Techs program that way.
Good luck to you.
- Jul 6, '05 by RN ZekeQuote from Rn-STATWow! I know you cant wait. I have been taking courses at Wake tech since Fall of 2004. I just took the hobet and passed it. I just dont have enough points yet. How many points do you think people have that are getting into this fall or next Spring? I still need Micro and nutrtiton-those points will really help once I take those 2 classes. How many classes did you have under your belt before they called you? You didnt have to take Hobet back when you got accepted-thats good Im on Durham Techs wait list too. I got accepted into ECPI's lpn program that starts this June, it ends next June. I hope then to transfer to Wake Tech with advanced placement or Vance-Granville to get my Rn. According to Shelly(admissions)-it seems much faster to get into Wake Techs program that way.
Good luck to you.
Isn't it very expensive to attend ECPI?
- Jul 7, '05 by 2bRn-STATyes, it is expensive-I am willing to pay for my education becuz I do not want to continue to wait-I do not trust the point system over at Wake either. I have heard some discouraging things from actual admissions counselors about their system. Durham Techs program and entry is really organzied and I have heard nothing but good things about it over there. I would have to wait until Fall of 07 to get in though. I am wanting to move back to Chicago as soon as I am an Rn-so i didnt mind paying to get that jump start. It is much quicker to bridge over to Rn once you get your Lpn. I have a lot of money in credits since I have all of the pre-reqs out of the way.
- Jul 22, '05 by Cleigh26Hey yall! I just wanted to tell everyone how great the ADN program is at DTCC. I just graduated in May and just took my boards and passed. I am going to start work in an ICU this Monday. I thought going to a community college would be so laid back and easy but it is a tough program. I was on the wait list for a little while but it was well worth it.
We had students that ranged in ages from like 19 all the way up to like almost 60! Our class started with almost 60 students and we graduated like 38 or 39. I know that sounds like a lot that don't make it but a lot of students weren't commited and didn't focus on studying. Oh well, the instructors are great and go out of there way to make sure you understand the material. We also had the Hesi test before boards (had to make like a 850--but Hesi recommended like 900) and now the students that will graduate next year do some ATI testing? Anyways--if anyone has any questions about DTCC let me know! I will be glad to answer them!
- Jul 22, '05 by 2bRn-STATThat is great to hear. I wanted to go to DTech so bad. I just cant continue to wait -wasting time. I have all of the classes under my belt accept micro. But still over a year and a half wait. When I finish LPN school in June of next year, I would like to work for one year and then finish up my Rn at Durham Tech. They only bridge LPN's to Rn's every other year, so in 2008 Ill be ready to start the 2nd year of the program. Which will work out great becuz I really want my associates in nursing to come from their program.
Well, good luck to you and congratsLast edit by 2bRn-STAT on Aug 9, '05
- Jul 23, '05 by RN ZekeRn Stat, Your ADN is the same from all community colleges. There are many great CC's in this area. Why wait when your pre-nursing courses may expire and you have to take them again? That could mean more time and money wasted while you wait.