- 1Aug 18, '07 by nurserynurse55What are some of the funniest names that you guys and gals have seen at work? I'll start
Twins : Roderrick and Roderricka,
Twins : Autumn and Fall
Girl : ******* (A-sole-lee)
P.s. This thread is just for fun.....
- 69,816 Visits
- 2Aug 18, '07 by SteveNNPWe had a mom who REALLY wanted to name her baby girl "vagina" (pronounced vahgeena).... we were like, please honey, no.....
Another one actually named her baby chlamydia, bc she liked the way it sounded. Had no idea what it was.....
- 6Aug 19, '07 by LilPeanuthttp://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
This is just a little bit of pet peeve of mine - I've heard a lot of funny names, but some of the stories that get passed around aren't necessarily true and people don't realize how old the story really is.
- 1Aug 19, '07 by juliachloeI haven't had too many funny ones but the trendy ones are getting ridiculous:
I swear we've had at least 30 just this year of either a Jayden, Kayden, Aiden or Cayden - boys & girls.
Nyvaeh (heaven backwards & with a Y)
Chloe (pronounced Shiloh)
- 1Aug 19, '07 by Sweeper933I'm so glad someone started this thread!!!
Twin girls: hope and faith (we had 2 sets of those in the past year)
Luv (pronounced "love" - for a baby boy)
Miracle (a few of these in the past years for girls)
And lately, we've had a return of some of the more old fashion names... June, Pearl, Ruby... very intersting
I'm sure I'll think of some more "odd" names that we've had soon!!
- 2Aug 20, '07 by lovemyjobAmazing Grace
A'miracle (not to forget the obligatory ' to make the name cool. However, this one really was a miracle. 24 weeker who layed in a outlying hospital left for dead after a 20 min resus attempt. After an hour kiddo started making cry noises so a resus was again started and transfered. Kid had the most uneventful NICU course! Left PO feeding, crying, looking around!)
Tytanna (mom said it spelled tatyana.... I told her that the spelling was not what she called it, but she wants it to be unique....)