New York Presbyterian PHARM EXAM! - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 28, '06 by terni have not taken the exam yet. i will be taking it on mon. 7/3/06. i will let you how it was.
- Jun 29, '06 by krisssyI am also going to be taking that test, and I would also like to know if they let you use calculators? Krisssy
- Jun 29, '06 by ternhi krissy, according to the study guide no calculators are to be used. i guess i'll find out on monday.
- Jul 6, '06 by daillpnutHi,
I'm scheduled to take the Pharmacology exam next friday. I was wondering how many questions were on the exam? Did you have to know alot of drug interactions/contraindications/side effects? or was it all of the common things you need to look out for? I'm not worried about calculations, but I think I'll need to brush up on meds. I've heard it was computerized, do they supply you with a calculator on the cpu? Thanks for your help.
- Jul 6, '06 by TigerSNI took the test last week. I made 100 on the calculations part and an 88 on the drug part. If you follow the study guide, you'll do fine. Don't stress too much!!
- Jul 7, '06 by krisssyQuote from TigerSNWere calculators allowed?I took the test last week. I made 100 on the calculations part and an 88 on the drug part. If you follow the study guide, you'll do fine. Don't stress too much!!Last edit by krisssy on Jul 7, '06
- Jul 7, '06 by caroladybelleIt's been a while, but I don't recall needing to use a calculator. I missed one question between the two parts, finished the test and double checked in around 22-25 minutes.
- Jul 14, '06 by bruinlauracalculators aren't allowed according to the front of the study guide they gave me.
- Jul 24, '06 by NYpedRNQuote from bruinlauraI took the test on 7/19 and passed.....I got an 80 on the first part and an 88 on the second part.... I had to do the peds exam and it was on paper but all the rest of the exams I understand are computerized. No calculators are allowed. I did very well on the math part, and the acronyms are a joke--prn, q6h, etc....exactly what they told u to study...but the drugs-- the side effects and contraindications were hard...I thought I failed that part but 80 is passing so i just made it. Good luck to those of you taking the test!calculators aren't allowed according to the front of the study guide they gave me.
- Jul 31, '06 by thinkpinkI am taking the NYP Columbia Pediatric Pharmacology Exam this Thursday. I havent really studied yet. I was just going to review the drugs and refresh my memory on the calculations. Is it all multiple choice?? If you fail it, can you retake it right there? And when they are asking you about the specific drug, are they like what does this drug do (A. B. C. or D.???) and you just choose one or is it fill in the blank??? Any help would be great!!!!