Good looking new grad gets hired over average looking nurse?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Good looking new grad gets hired over average looking nurse? in New York Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... my friend told me that one of the hospital I was hired on and especially the floor I am working...by kobebryant Feb 2my friend told me that one of the hospital I was hired on and especially the floor I am working only hired me because of my looks. Everyone is good looking on the floor... how would you feel if you were told this?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812932©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 900 Views
- Feb 2 by juliefaceI would feel good looking. Maybe she is just jealous?
- Feb 2 by LadyFree28Wouldn't care...I got a JOB!!!
It may sound harsh, *shrugs* but no harsher than someone saying that I got a job because of "looks", instead of my own nursing philosophy, my references, and my résumé that would back up my nursing expertise.
I honestly do not concern myself when people make statements like that, even it were true-I wouldn't know because I usually don't "go there" in terms of bias UNLESS the other party is using that to undermine my job. I have no desire to engage in nit-picky conversations like that-face to face, over the phone, or online-just not always the best energy from an individual's own possible culture in handling issues-heck, we all have them, but sometimes that energy from the other party is grossly unwarranted, however, that is their perspective.
What impact would that make in my life???
...probably none at all.
- Feb 2 by BostonFNPYour looks didn't help you pass the NCLEX.
Sounds like sour grapes to me.
- Feb 2 by PediatricRNTXLaugh ur way all the way to the bank.....cash them checks!
- Feb 2 by HM-8404If I were hired on that floor I would feel great. If I were a patient on that floor I would be scared to death.
- Feb 2 by proud nurseI would take the compliment and consider it a coincidence. Get hired because of looks is one thing. Staying employed for competence and work performance is another.
- Feb 2 by LadyFree28Quote from PediatricRNTXWhoop Whoop!!!Laugh ur way all the way to the bank.....cash them checks!
Yeah, laugh it allllllll the way to the bank OP...while proving you competency to your unit and your hospital.