Getting a job in a Level III NICU in NYC?Register Today!
- by TXNicuRN Nov 14, '12Hi,
My boyfriend was offered a job in the NYC area, and I am trying to decide if it would be a good move for us based on whether or not I can get a job. I know new grads are having a lot of trouble finding work, but I have a BSN and 1.5 years of experience in a Level III NICU in the Texas Medical Center (90-bed unit, ECMO, bedside surgery, etc.). Will this be an advantage, or are the chances of me finding a job still slim to none? Looking at hospitals like Mt. Sinai, NYU Langone, NY Presbyterian, NY Methodist. Any advice/suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
- Nov 20, '12 by estrellaCRHi I'm not able to send private messages as I have not posted enough messages on allnurses.com. I graduated in January and have previous experience (4 yrs) with children with disabilities (non nursing position) and 6months as RN in pediatric home care. Would I be able to email you?Thank you in advance
- Nov 23, '12 by LM NYTheatredork- I wanted to get more information about the NICU at Columbia accepting new grads. I tried sending you a private message but couldn't since I need to have started at least 15 threads. It sucks because I have been an allnurse reader for many years, but finally registered and commented a few days ago.
- Nov 23, '12 by maatausQuote from theatredorkHi theatredork, I am a new grad, just started doing pediatric home care barely 2 months ago, I am very interested in the nicu positions at Columbia, could you please send me more information on that? Thank you, will really appreciate. I tried to pm you, but it wasn't going through, wonder why, cos I have successfully sent PM in the past.The NICU at Columbia is looking to hire, even new grads. Message me if you'd like more info.
Anyway my email is maataus at yahoo dot com. Thanks.
- Nov 23, '12 by maatausHi theatredork, I am a new grad, just started doing pediatric home care barely 2 months ago, I am very interested in the nicu positions at Columbia, could you please send me more information on that? Thank you, will really appreciate. Maataus at yahoo dot com
- Nov 23, '12 by estrellaCRHi Theaterdork,
I apologize I did not put my email: estrellacr86 at gmail.com . I have extensive newborn/pediatric healthcare experience (most in NYC health department but not as RN except the last 6 months in home care) and very good resume but its really hard to get resume looked at if one does not have that "1 year of experience" Thank you, I appreciate your offering to help us get in contact with NYP.
- Nov 25, '12 by theatredorkPhone numbers and emails for most departments in the children's hospital can be found here: Key Personnel - Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NewYork Presbyterian
- Nov 26, '12 by ProfRN4Although not in NYC proper, Cohen's Children's Medical Center is advertising openings for NICU nurses. It is in Queens, not sure where you are planning on living. It is a good NICU, not sure of the level. It is part of the North Shore Long Island Jewish health system, which has basically taken over most of Long Island and part of NYC. Look up NSLIJ.com