Please help NCLEX-RN advice needed.....Register Today!
- by MajorFailure Feb 23Hello, I am in a bit of a predicament. I graduated from nursing school over 3 years ago and had not taken my NCLEX until recently this year. I have been working as a LPN this entire time and real life set in so the need to provide for my family came before studying for a exam. I recently had been forced into taking the test by my previous employer and failed twice. The first time I studied I did the review by NCSBN and failed with 265 questions, second time I reviewed on my own and failed again with 265 questions. I'm at a loss and don't know how or where to go from here to study. In my state I'm only allowed to take the test 3 times. Does anyone have any advice on how I should pursue? Any help is much appreciated.
- Feb 23 by PediatricRNTXTake hurst review.
- Feb 23 by leanforwardSaunders comp... 5th ed is great for content, PDA by laCharity is a must have for priority and delegation type questions, kaplan review program is excellent for building critical thinking skills and do lots of questions, even from nclex 3500 which are free online. I used all those study aids and pass with 75 questions recently. I studied content for 6wks. base on the assessment schedule saunders gave for about 4hr. a day, afterwhich I would do about a day 100q from kaplan or from one of there trainers. After completing the saunders book I used the pda and nclex 3500 for questions while reviewing there rationales for 2 weeks. Hope this helps....
- Feb 24 by St_ClaireYou may need a comprehensive review. Part of the problem is you may be answering questions based on actual experience instead of by the book. If it were me I would look into a very in-depth review program.
- Feb 24 by QuanaBSNKnow your areas of weakness also so that you will know what you really need to focus on. I just want you to know if you get to 265 again don't think that you failed. I passed taking 265 so don't get discouraged! I mostly did Kaplan and a little NCSBN. NCSBN is good though. Believe in yourself God Bless!