NCLEX today, stress is not over!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on NCLEX today, stress is not over!! in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... 1/17/12: took the NCLEX today after spending the last three weeks preparing- spending all day...by momin96,98,99 Jan 18, '121/17/12: took the NCLEX today after spending the last three weeks preparing- spending all day studying, 8am-6
pm. I did over 4000 questions from multiple sources. Completed the entire Kaplen Q-bank in 5 days, did Davis and LaCharity. My kitchen table looked like I was still in nursing school!!! I tried to think of all that I did not know- in the scope of nursing practice that left me clueless as to what to focus on. I did the best I could.
During the test I kept looking at the number of questions, 45, 60, 70 and then 75, hit next and the test was over.... all I could think was this was it, the culmination of all I have given to be an RN, based on 75 questions. I was overcome with emotion, shed a few tears and walked out stunned.
I drove home and did the Pearson Vue trick- and got the "good" pop up, still not sure even after all that I have read if it really works, I tried it again 12 hours later, and will keep trying until my name is on the CA BRN site (no quick view available). This entire journey to become a RN is like holding your breath- and waiting to exhale, from the prerequ classes, to being accepted into program, to passing each and every test during nursing school, the NCLEX and lastly finding a job. Please I hope that I have only one more step to complete (finding a job)!!! Thanks for letting me vent- !!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=663459©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,980 Views
- Jan 18, '12 by DelishatarverCongrats on your good pop up!! I take my nclex Thursday and I hope to see that good pop up too!! I'm sure you will find a job in no time!! Congrats RN!!!!!
- Jan 18, '12 by momin96,98,99Thanks, but really need to see it on the BRN site to believe it, and best wishes for your test on thursday!!
- Jan 18, '12 by littleone17Oh my gosh this story is just hair raising, congrats. The PVT never fails
Hope to be an official nurse just like you come next Tuesday.
"God is faithful to those who have called unto the fellowship of Jesus Christ our Lord"- Corinthians 1:9
- Jan 18, '12 by frankie,RNCongratulations.
- Jan 18, '12 by ~PedsRN~You got this! Congratulations!
- Jan 18, '12 by locolorenzo22if you don't feel like you bombed it, you did fine. You have to be doing horrible where you KNOW you have gotten no answers right for it to shut off at 75. Person vue works. congrats!
- Jan 18, '12 by littlekaneRNcongratulations! you've worked hard and there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! I felt like I was having a flash back to when I took the NCLEX in july! I did the PVT as soon as I got home (that was incredibly nerve wracking!!) and got the good pop up. I checked again every day until I popped up on the PA BON website.
again, congratulations and best of luck on your job hunt :spin:
- Jan 18, '12 by NurseLoveJoy88Thanks for sharing your story. You hit the nail right on the head. I'm still holding my breath... one more step for me. Congrats on passing
- Jan 18, '12 by CBsMommyCongrats on passing! Your story sounded a lot like mine. I shed a few tears after I walked out of the testing center and was stunned the entire 5 hour trip home. LOL. I also didn't believe it until I was issued my license number.