NCLEX storyRegister Today!
- by JENURSE03 Jul 3, '12so i went through a lot, my mom died from cancer, so i had to take care of my dad. i waited 7 months after graduation to take my nclex. working full time 40 hours a week was a lot for me. took it today and i got the good pop up! i am not a smart student in school, but i was competent enough to be a safe nurse.
the nclex is not testing how smart you are, it was just testing to see if you have minimun competency and how safe are you.
i foucsed on my maslow, abc, and which one will keep my patient alive.
tools i used was suanders, la charity, kaplan, an study, exam cram, nclex 3500, and ati. i would say kaplan was the hardest.
the best part was praying. i picked up a couple of prayers from this website.
two days before exam i was nervous. the day before the exam i took the day off. today i was not nervous at all because i kept saying the prayers over and over again.
remember let go and let god. he will pull you through anything.Last edit by JENURSE03 on Jul 5, '12
- Jul 3, '12 by SirMiggycongratulation. what do u mean kaplan was hardest.I failed my nclex last week.Now im confused if i should do saunders and do the free repeat kaplan course. I also have PDA.any advice would be deeply appreciated
- Jul 3, '12 by shunnykCongratulations
- Jul 3, '12 by oztizz184congrats!!!
could you post the prayers you used?
- Jul 3, '12 by soon2bnycRNCongrats!!!
- Jul 3, '12 by JENURSE03Quote from leiracto me kaplan had the hardest questions in their bank compared to other materials i've used.congratulation. what do u mean kaplan was hardest.I failed my nclex last week.Now im confused if i should do saunders and do the free repeat kaplan course. I also have PDA.any advice would be deeply appreciated
- Jul 4, '12 by NikkiC213JENURSE03, you will be an amazing nurse! God really pulled you through because nothing is impossible with Him! Prayer works wonders. Before I study, I say a prayer for God to guide me in studying and to just calm my nerves before I do my practice questions and it works. I'm always relaxed now while I'm studying instead of being so anxious & a total mess. I, too think the Kaplan Qbank questions are the hardest ones compared to the others like NCLEX 4000, Saunders, etc. Congrats on passing! I'm taking mine in a few weeks too!
- Jul 4, '12 by amandeepkaurcongrats .....
- Jul 4, '12 by mylittledreamhi thats very hard work u did congrats to u......
i took exam last month n had all 265 quest n end up with failure tag now i do not have peace of mind do not able to concentrate...bcozz of alot family issues....i need help if somebody help me to come out n lift up my spirit i tried but fail to do so ...my study buddy clear the exam...that good i am happy for her but you know i cannot able to study alone ...i have no idea what to do...from where to start....