NCLEX Kaplan Practice Scores 2012 - page 6
by Inori | 168,866 Views | 302 Comments
Hi Everyone, I was just curious as to what, how everyone else was doing in their kaplan, saunders or whichever nclex practice scores and uh the result of your nclex exam. Most of the posts i found were ah a few years old. ... Read More
- 0Jun 2, '12 by *4!#6Readiness exam score: 77%
I am doing really well on these exams, but my Qbank scores (50 questions each) range from 62%-74%, and I even got a 58% once. Is this normal? One of the things I am thinking is that I don't test well distracted. I took Readiness and QT 4 & 5 at the library, however have been doing Qbanks at home where I am interrupted by noisy neighbors, pets, and my boyfriend.
- 0Jun 2, '12 by Biggie1Sagremus: your qbank scores are very good. Some will say the 58% is bad but I received all sorts of scores ranging from high to low and vice versa...it could have been a very difficult batch of questions. Still and all, o through each questions with every answer choice and see where you went wrong. Buy the Saunders 5th edition review book. I didn't have much time to look at it but it's very helpful and you can absorb info in minutes with it......
- 0Jun 4, '12 by Biggie1Quote from hope0416Hi you should be making sure to do at least 50 questions everyday...do at lest 1000 questions if you are working full time...I studied from jan. to may and worked part time did over 1400 questions, some people do even more, it just depends on your comfort level of viewing questions, set aside percentages...when my percentages were low, it was because I lacked material knowledge...just make sure you know your safety, broad view of med classess, and the physiology!hi!! I'm planning to take my test on July, any suggestion for me?.. I'm working full time right now
- 0Jun 4, '12 by Inori@ hope0416 - set aside a set time each day just for studying and if you use iphone get the nclex apps on it so you can do practice questions throughout the day, lunch break, waiting on line for coffee etc. That's it use the kaplan diagnostics, practice tests to pinpoint your weak areas and then use saunders to shore up your content knowledge on those areas. The key is be consistent every day do 50-100 questions, so long as in the end you get through all content areas, and kaplan qbank, qt your good to go. Oh pick 1 book and stick with it as its tempting to try to use every review book out there. I went with saunders & kaplan GOOD LUCK!!
- 1Jun 5, '12 by olliesmommy1005Quote from Biggie1Thanks! I'm always the person who has to be talked off the ledge before tests....I just tend to freak out and then do fine on tests....I know I should take today off, but I'm still going through my LaCharity today, just to get it done....Olliesmommy: Im glad you're feeling better, of something you read by someone freaks you out, don't read it!! I know I was reading random things online and getting scared prior to the exam, I made a point to ignore it, hehe..but anyway your scores are way beyond good!
As for the rest of the Qbanks....I didn't do them all, I actually was just reviewing the slides online....so I wanted to make sure I could to Q7 to see how I could do with that one since it is said that they get harder....I've been doing Saunders, NCLEX 4000, LaCharity, and Kaplan online and my old (2010-2011) that I bought at the beginning of nursing school on my Nook!
Please NCLEX gods, be good to me tomorrow at 8 AM!!!