how long after nclex until you apply for jobsRegister Today!
- by CorcorVN Jan 28ok so I took the NCLEX and got the good pop up but idk if i should just start applying now even though the letter hasnt came in yet becuase I have heard of people applying for jobs even before they take there nclex
- Jan 28 by dragon_ladyDo not apply until you get your license number because they 'll gonna ask for it.
- Jan 28 by mwc1230I applied while still in school. I went on an interview in early November, graduated in December and passed nclex on the 22nd of this month.
I did all my orientation to the hospital before nclex but decided not to start work until after I passed.
- Jan 28 by mwc1230Nope.
- Jan 28 by LadyFree28It wouldn't hurt...you can always put license pending...completed NCLEX 1/28/13, or whenever you took the test. What most agencies do, if they have time from the numerous applicants, is look up to see if your number is on BON...but a lot of agencies rather see the license number for verification, saves time.
What you can do in the meantime is map out what positions you want to apply for, and find out the closing date, or just wait and tweak the résumé. I've been licensed twice, and waited each time to look for a job...For PN, it took me two months-in 2005, and for RN, I accepted a position six months after licensure, I start next week, so about 8 months after licensure I will begin working.
- Jan 30 by Racer15I had my job before I took my NCLEX, so nope, can't hurt.
- Jan 30 by elandr0022Where do you live? Where I live (in NY) nursing recruiters came to our classroom senior second semester and talked us about the application and interview process. I applied in October 2012 and got an official job offer in November 2012. I then graduated in December 2012. It all depends on the hospitals/state/etc. where you live, but I definitely wouldn't wait until after!
- Jan 30 by LLL01I graduated in Dec and got a job a few days later. I started orientation Jan 14 and took my NCLEX Jan 30. So you don't have to have a license number or anything to APPLY for jobs. I didn't even have my temp license when I applied. I got it only about a week before I started orientation.
- Feb 1 by LadyFree28It truly depends on where you apply to as well. I had one place read me the riot act because they wanted to interview me and I did not have a license number yet...ironically, months later, they contacted me to request to interview me. Thanks, but no thanks...