Assignment/Delagation mnemonicsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Assignment/Delagation mnemonics in NCLEX Discussion Forum, part of Nursing Student ... i wish this would help guys.. i took my nclex-rn just last tuesday 1st take and i made it at...by schalke20 Aug 20, '11i wish this would help guys.. i took my nclex-rn just last tuesday 1st take and i made it at 75question.. i am very average person.. sometime.. i guess borderline.. hehehe...anyway, congratulations in andvance new rns
- invasive procedure = i am rn educated
- initial/comprehensive/baseline (assessments)
- assess (frequent/ongoing =unstable patients)
- managing and leading client care environment
ex. clients who are in severe and refusing meds (needs more assessment)
- nsg process/ nsg judgement use (apie= assessment,planning, implementation,evaluation)
- use of iv meds (ex. plasma, blood products-- these and iv are done by rn only)
- consult/counsel/suggest & update
- admission .. new & post op
- discharge & admission preparation
-certain invasive task =i-sound star cross ++
- im adm
- sq adm.
- oral meds adm
- urinary catheterization
- dreassing of wound (changing & irrigating) very commonly seen q.
- tube feeding
- set up (basic equipment)
- specimen collection & data colletion
-blood glucose readings
-review/teach-- usually standard practices (hand washing/hygiene) or med administration (ie. eye drops) -- rn mostly teaches/educated and lpns reinforce
cast & toe amputation are stable clients and need on going assessment and pain mgt./la charity book(donít know too..just dont deprive with it.. just follow the book
data collection such as listening to lung sounds & checking for peripheral edema_part of lpn scope of practice: /lacharity book
** don't assign lvn/lpn to do a task an nurse assistant can complete**
nursing assistant/uap- unlicense assistive personnel
- non invasive procedure/basic care =sparrtacus groam +++
-skin care (ex. bed rest with a skin tear and hematoma from a fall 2 days ago, apply and care for a clientís rectal pouch )
-positioning-- special positioning-- requires initial education by rn -- assistant will assist not teach
-ambulation/ assisting with adl (ambulation of fractured hip only rn& pt) ( patienst with chestube ambulating the hall-lpn/lvn)
-recording & monitoring of v/s (bp,pulse, oxygen sat,)
-range of motion &exercise
-transport of client
-assist (assisting for prep for sitz bath)
-groam (groaming & hygiene measure, bathing & checking water temp)
intake & output
- remind/reinforce: usually reminds pt. to do something rather than how to do it (skills previously taught by other health care professional or precaution measures)***
- they can detach suction and remove a foley but not connect or insert
- gather (equipment)
- measurement of ankle and bracial blood pressure for ankle brachial index calculation.(calculated already)
( calculation on the ankle-brachian index is responsibility of rn)
-experienced nsg assistant should have been taught how to..
monitor apical pulse, however, the rn should observe to be sure that s/he mastered this skills.
---la charity book---
-education and hospital orientation includes.. safe administration of iv meds.
some key points:
patients that require teaching about drugs or need procedures done are not rn priority.
avoid these assignments for new/float/lvn/lpn/traveling
-require education/teaching (beyond basic skills -- tend to be complex and specific to patients on that particular unit)
- unstable (ie. high risk of sudden respiratory failure, or requires frequent assessments and changes in therapy(like electrolyte imbalances)
- routine meds/procedures
all healthcare workers
- responsible for knowing about and implementing standard precautions + airborne/droplet/contact --> therefore all can teach about it or prepare a room for it
Last edit by schalke20 on Aug 20, '11 : Reason: to big..
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=607605©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 15,592 Views
- @ MODERATORS.. can you edit this into smaller size please.. I dont know how to do it.. thank you..
- Yes I know how to edit now.. lols..
- Aug 20, '11 by pinaymewow! thanks for the effort and sharing some infos.
- ^your welcome there.. I am also Noypi.. but leave here in California..
- Aug 21, '11 by pinaymeCongrats!! me too, north california.. what else did u used? if you don't mind..
- Aug 21, '11 by wade_collinsIm taking Nclex I just failed having 205 questions both times any tips Im taking PN
- Aug 21, '11 by schalke20Hi there! I'm in Bay Area.. Anyway, I used Saunders 4th ed. though I didn't finish the book only 60%. Exam Cram 2nd ed online for free ( I didn't finish it too.. only 600questions out of 1200+), Kaplan Question Trainers 1-7 online for free (my score was horribly low).. NCLEX-RN 3500 online for free.. I only answered 5% of it but I make sure to answer the pre test first, I also used La Charity 1st ed. online for free ( I only finish 15% of it.. those the important one) I have my Kaplan Strategies 2010-2011( I read it first before anything else to understand the nature of NCLEX-RN.. I read the whole book) I downloaded NCLEX ARDS on my iphone.. its an application of 3000+question I guess I purchase it for only 4dollars (very useful on the go, and I always make sure to do some drills there before I get to bed.. its a content base... most of the question are from lippincott and various reliable authors)..
Have you already take the test?Last edit by schalke20 on Aug 21, '11 : Reason: wrong spell
- Aug 22, '11 by pinaymeyup i tried but i failed, i'm starting all over again.. try and try until i succeed.. i did ncsbn before and lifesaver's at hayward.. but now i'm doin saunder's 5th, kaplan strat and LaCharity and the Nclex 3500.. btw do you still have the link for Exam Cram 2nd ed online for Free?? im from sacramento..
- Aug 22, '11 by anntweethi there mga kababayans! im a filipina and leaving here in california too.. Can you share your the sites for your reviews? thank you!