i wish this would help guys.. i took my nclex-rn just last tuesday 1st take and i made it at 75question.. i am very average person.. sometime.. i guess borderline.. hehehe...anyway, congratulations in andvance new rns
- invasive procedure = i am rn educated
- initial/comprehensive/baseline (assessments)
- assess (frequent/ongoing =unstable patients)
- managing and leading client care environment
ex. clients who are in severe and refusing meds (needs more assessment)
- nsg process/ nsg judgement use (apie= assessment,planning, implementation,evaluation)
- use of iv meds (ex. plasma, blood products-- these and iv are done by rn only)
- consult/counsel/suggest & update
- admission .. new & post op
- discharge & admission preparation
-certain invasive task =i-sound star cross ++
- im adm
- sq adm.
- oral meds adm
- urinary catheterization
- dreassing of wound (changing & irrigating) very commonly seen q.
- tube feeding
- set up (basic equipment)
- specimen collection & data colletion
-blood glucose readings
-review/teach-- usually standard practices (hand washing/hygiene) or med administration (ie. eye drops) -- rn mostly teaches/educated and lpns reinforce
cast & toe amputation are stable clients and need on going assessment and pain mgt./la charity book(donít know too..just dont deprive with it.. just follow the book
data collection such as listening to lung sounds & checking for peripheral edema_part of lpn scope of practice: /lacharity book
** don't assign lvn/lpn to do a task an nurse assistant can complete**
nursing assistant/uap- unlicense assistive personnel
- non invasive procedure/basic care =sparrtacus groam +++
-skin care (ex. bed rest with a skin tear and hematoma from a fall 2 days ago, apply and care for a clientís rectal pouch )
-positioning-- special positioning-- requires initial education by rn -- assistant will assist not teach
-ambulation/ assisting with adl (ambulation of fractured hip only rn& pt) ( patienst with chestube ambulating the hall-lpn/lvn)
-recording & monitoring of v/s (bp,pulse, oxygen sat,)
-range of motion &exercise
-transport of client
-assist (assisting for prep for sitz bath)
-groam (groaming & hygiene measure, bathing & checking water temp)
intake & output
- remind/reinforce: usually reminds pt. to do something rather than how to do it (skills previously taught by other health care professional or precaution measures)***
- they can detach suction and remove a foley but not connect or insert
- gather (equipment)
- measurement of ankle and bracial blood pressure for ankle brachial index calculation.(calculated already)
( calculation on the ankle-brachian index is responsibility of rn)
-experienced nsg assistant should have been taught how to..
monitor apical pulse, however, the rn should observe to be sure that s/he mastered this skills.
---la charity book---
-education and hospital orientation includes.. safe administration of iv meds.
some key points:
patients that require teaching about drugs or need procedures done are not rn priority.
avoid these assignments for new/float/lvn/lpn/traveling
-require education/teaching (beyond basic skills -- tend to be complex and specific to patients on that particular unit)
- unstable (ie. high risk of sudden respiratory failure, or requires frequent assessments and changes in therapy(like electrolyte imbalances)
- routine meds/procedures
all healthcare workers
- responsible for knowing about and implementing standard precautions + airborne/droplet/contact --> therefore all can teach about it or prepare a room for it
Last edit by schalke20 on Aug 20, '11
: Reason: to big..
Hi there! I'm in Bay Area.. Anyway, I used Saunders 4th ed. though I didn't finish the book only 60%. Exam Cram 2nd ed online for free ( I didn't finish it too.. only 600questions out of 1200+), Kaplan Question Trainers 1-7 online for free (my score was horribly low).. NCLEX-RN 3500 online for free.. I only answered 5% of it but I make sure to answer the pre test first, I also used La Charity 1st ed. online for free ( I only finish 15% of it.. those the important one) I have my Kaplan Strategies 2010-2011( I read it first before anything else to understand the nature of NCLEX-RN.. I read the whole book) I downloaded NCLEX ARDS on my iphone.. its an application of 3000+question I guess I purchase it for only 4dollars (very useful on the go, and I always make sure to do some drills there before I get to bed.. its a content base... most of the question are from lippincott and various reliable authors)..
Have you already take the test?
Last edit by schalke20 on Aug 21, '11
: Reason: wrong spell