1-1-13 starting to prepare for NCLEX ....Join me and lets encourage each other! - Page 7Register Today!
- Jan 5 by nurse2b121212Good luck katielady!!! Let me know how it goes, I'll say a little prayer for us!
- Jan 5 by itsdebraanneI'm with you!! I graduated May 2012. took the test 5 months later and failed. I took a rest in Octover, did review classes in November, then December was kind of a struggle to get back to my study routine. January was gonna be my month study plan. but it's Jan 5 and I still haven't gotten the motivation to really focus. I got scared and procrastinated by watching movies or seeing friends to feel some sort of happiness. But I will join you in studying. Good to know I'm not alone. (:
- Jan 6 by 2boysmommaI'm late to this party but I'm in! Scheduled to take NCLEX on the 17th. I've been trying to read a little of the Hurst review book and answer some Hogan questions every day. Time is flying and I need to stay motivated to study. Let's do this!!
- Jan 6 by yisy4uI'm about to start my last semester of nursing school, but already want to start preparing for the NCLEX. I need to pass it in my 1st attempt. I plan on reading the Saunders 5th edition. I took the test the CD provides (I scored 60%) & it organized & divided the material I should review. I plan on starting this monday. I also printed out the study guide that it's around this site. Do you guys think I'm ahead of myself? I just want to be prepared & I'm weak on content. I plan on taking the NCLEX as soon as I graduate & get the paperwork in order.
Btw, Good luck to those taking the test this month. I'm really excited for you guys.
- Jan 6 by PatriciaMartinezdid you find Saunders helpful?
- Hi all,
Good to see people motivating each other. Just wanted to share my experience of passing NCLEX-RN with the least amount preparation anyone could have had. I am currently doing my MSN in India and will be moving soon with my husband to Texas. I passed NCLEX-Rn on Dec 3rd.. and was one of the most beautiful days in my life. All my thanks goes to the 4 weeks review course provided by NCSBN. I dont see many of them sharing or exploring this. So thought its worth sharing. I swear, I never had time to do more than 20 practice question a day amidst all my Master's thesis work. I went through the Kaplan, and Saunders.. and found that this wasn't going to help me such short time. And God's grace some one told me about this 4, 6 and 8 weeks online review available from the NCSBN's site. I completed the 4 weeks review. To my surprise when sitting in front of the computer for my test.. (frozen hands and legs of course), what I found was the questions were all kinda familiar to me. My test got over with 75 questions and in 48 hours time and I got my results.. yayyy.... Awaiting to come to my husband to start my career... This is worth exploring guys. NCSBN 4 weeks review.
Hope this will be useful for all..
Try the 4 weeks online review from the NCSBN. should be helpful. That is what helped me. Was the most similar to the actual pattern of NCLEX. its cheap too. that is what made me pas amidst by busy hours of Masters in India.
- Quote from PatriciaMartinezHi.did you find Saunders helpful?
Saunders is helpful. Just to review the subjects... But none of the questions I faced in the test were anywhere close to the practice questions I tried with Saunders. But to enhance your nursing knowledge Saunder's is perfect.
- Jan 6 by msmack@debraanne I to graduated in may if 2012. At the time I was going through a lot. I have gotten through the turmoil and finally ready to get down to business. Also I graduated with honors. If u want to help and motivate one another e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan 7 by Cb1985Hi everyone, good luck to you all . Keep in mind that no matter how much you study you will never feel prepared for an exam like the nclex . I tested a year after graduating and passed first time with 75questions . I took about a month and half to prepare I read Saunders Comprehensive review , yes the entire book and completed all of Kaplans Qbanks ...did about a total of 2700questions . There's is also a study guide around here I used on days before testing and most importantly praying when I felt like giving up ...thank you God for giving me the strength .. Will keep you guys in my prayers ..Gluck