New Grad Jobs?Register Today!
- by jenn8500 Feb 5, '10I am currently in an associates RN program in NYS and will be graduating in May. I've noticed that many new grads are having a hard time finding a job due to the economy and hiring freezes which seem to be in most states. I did find a lot of postings at hospitals in Montana for new grads on general med/surg floors and even ED. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how the job market is for new grads in Montana. I'm getting slightly concerned about being able to find work after graduating.....
- Feb 6, '10 by bds165I'm currently in a BSN program in Missoula and there are no jobs to be had here (for new grads, slim for experienced RNs). One of the two local hospitals recently laid off several LPNs and ancillary staff. Both have implemented a hiring freeze. However, it looks like Benefis in Great Falls is hiring new grads. You might also try Billings. Missoula and Bozeman are the college towns in the state and they seem to have the least amount of jobs.
- Feb 24, '10 by tara_bI'm in the same situation. soon to be BSN grad from MN (where there are NO jobs) I've been looking in Montana but would consider other states if anyone knows of places that are hiring!
- Feb 24, '10 by PablodogCheck out the IHS Loan repayment they have 2 hospitals in MT that desperately need nurses...IHS.gov good luck
- Mar 19, '10 by lumberjacknothing within 100 miles of missoula, that much I can say with certainty!
- Apr 7, '10 by jcafI live AZ and graduated last July. The only jobs for new grads are LTC. I have applied out of state. Tons of job postings but Nobody will hire a new grad!!
- Jun 11, '10 by whtepketfencesThe hospital in Kalispell has a new grad program - it's pretty tight, but at least a maybe for a new job
- Jul 21, '10 by mnmnelson44No jobs in Montana!! I'm a new grad ADN-RN in Montana and Billings Clinic in Billings has Magnet status so no hiring ADN-RNs. Bozeman has no jobs either.
- Aug 26, '10 by absngirlI have heard there are jobs in nursing homes. I know it is not your first pick, but you have to get some experience and wait it out, right? Good luck everyoneDon't get discouraged!!
Touching Souls Changing Lives
- Sep 6, '10 by jenn8500Anyone try hospitals in Great Falls? I talked to HR at one hospital (can't remember which one) but they said they do hire new grads.