Wages for new nurse in Missouri/Kansas areaRegister Today!
- by MichaelaR27 Dec 28, '12Hey everyone,
Just out of curiosity, what are new grads in the KC area starting at these days?
- Jan 3 by trueblue2000I can tell you starting wages in STL for new grads (I assume they are not dissimilar to KC). Christian Hospital: $19.50. Barnes-Jewish (Big Barnes): $20.80. SSM (all hospitals): $21.00.
- Jan 4 by MichaelaR27Great! Thank you so much
- Jan 4 by Mommy2RNI was told that Christian started off at $20.80 as well. $19.50 wouldn't be much more than Im making as a tech.
- Jan 4 by trueblue2000Quote from Mommy2RNIt could be $20.80, it would make sense to have all BJC facilities paying the same. The amounts I quoted above I got from colleagues who graduated with me in August and were hired at those locations. I agree $19.50, even $21.00, is too low, way too low for an RN. We should start @ $25.00 and go to $30.00 after the first year.I was told that Christian started off at $20.80 as well. $19.50 wouldn't be much more than Im making as a tech.
- Jan 6 by CerriwinBJC nurses max out at $40/hr (nonexempt employees) from my understanding. The cost of living isn't such that we need to start out at $25. My starting rate of $20.90 with two small raises since has been plenty to pay back my loans easily, and recently purchase a house. $30/hr after the first year would be awesome and all but...
- Jan 9 by FORTHELOVEOF!!!!Most hospitals in the KCMO area start new grads at 21.50.
- Jun 21 by RunningWithScissorstop of scale is $30 in central MO
- Jun 28 by BelleMorteRNCerriwen, when did you start how long did it take to get your raises?