Yeah, I'm your nurse. What, I don't look like a nurse?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Yeah, I'm your nurse. What, I don't look like a nurse? in Men in Nursing, part of General Nursing ... I can't tell how many times I've used that line. A patient asks, who's my nurse? I'm your nurse....by algebra_demystified Feb 3I can't tell how many times I've used that line. A patient asks, who's my nurse? I'm your nurse.
I thought you were security.
I thought you were bringing my tray.
You're a nurse?
I thought you were a cop.
Yeah, but who's going to help me with X?
It's just funny now. I know who I am in the workplace, I get how people see me, it doesn't bother me anymore. They're all expecting somebody else to show up and are surprised when they see me.
I have the pink ID, I'm wearing a scrub top... do you need help with something?
Many times patients are happily confused about what I'm doing there and they like the idea that a man is going to help them stand up or whatever. It all works out.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=813076©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,436 Views
- Feb 3 by MrChicagoRNDo you start the first conversation by introducing yourself? "Hi, I'm Al Gebra, I'm an RN and I'll be your nurse today for the next 8 hours."
- Feb 3 by PediatricRNTXHa! I'm a young ped nurse...well not that young..but I get asked ..how old r u? Do u even have kids of ur own?....blah blah....
- Feb 4 by HouTxI have a wonderful nurse friend who has accumulated 30 years of snappy come-backs. My favorite (when asked if he is a male nurse) "Which part are you questioning?"
- Feb 9 by NurseGuyBriHouTx. Stealing that last one...
- Feb 10 by ralphcorbinI usually get confused for a doctor. I get a kick out of this. It comes in handy when the patient won't listen to anyone but a doc. Works well when they won't take their Meds for anyone else.
- Feb 12 by CMartSpeaksGlad I'm not the only one who get's this! The comeback I've used most with the "male nurse" question is "Well, I tried to be a female nurse but they found my junk sooo here I am." Even though it's a little crude, 95% of the time it gets a good laugh out of my patients.
- Feb 17 by ezgreazin"It's, the beard, isn't it..."
- Feb 17 by Baubo516There is a wonderful male nurse who works on my unit. All of the older ladies love him and I think he gets better cooperation out of some people because he is young, tall and good-looking!
- Feb 20 by Hassan AshorI am a new member of this site