Stethoscope covers OK for men?Register Today!
- by leftysoftball Sep 5, '12Sounds kinda petty but... I'm moving from an EMT job to working in an Urgent Care facility. In the field, I wore my scope around my neck because it was covered by the collar on my uniform shirt. Now that I'm in a scrub top all day, the scope tube really irritates my neck.
Is it acceptable for men to wear scope covers? (PS, not anything frilly or girly. I was thinking plain solid or Chicago Bears, you know, something manly.)
- Sep 5, '12 by Sun0408I think it's fine.. Wash it often tho
- Sep 5, '12 by LearningByMistakesThere is NOTHING manly about a scope cover. LOL
- Sep 5, '12 by Asystole RNI had my wife make a small plain black scope cover out of satin. The scope cover was made thin so it does not bunch-up and look fluffy like store bought covers. The satin not only absorbs and distributes my sweat but is also smooth enough so that my neck does not become irratated.
Due to the thin cut of the cover and the sheen from the material, without an indepth visual examination, it is not easy to tell that there is a cover at all once I am wearing it.
- Aug 10 by Caribbean CharacterHere is a website that sells at least one that looks like a tie! Stethoscope cover - Find your covers here and save.
- Aug 10 by juan de la cruzFortunately, I can wear a bare stethoscope around my neck and not have skin irritation. If you feel self-conscious about using a stethoscope sleeve cover, can you try a waist clip or holster? or what about wearing a collared T-shirt or Polo?