Is Being a Male nurse hard?Register Today!
- by thegreatone28 Jul 12, '08Is getting ahead in management or moving up the ladder hard to do for a male nurse?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=316946©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,562 Views
- Jul 12, '08 by Adjah David TorgborFormally in Ghana,it was difficult for a male to rise to the top in nursing but now things have changed.
- Jul 12, '08 by ThunderwolfNot that I've seen.
- Nov 18, '11 by Pacs, RNNot as far as I know. I guess if you do your job and you do it good, promotions aren't that far off? Of course you have to be qualified as well.
- Nov 18, '11 by MN-NurseQuote from thegreatone28Men seem to be well represented in nursing leadership positions where I work.Is getting ahead in management or moving up the ladder hard to do for a male nurse?
- Nov 18, '11 by NoimanurseBeing a nurse is hard, whether you stand to pee or sit.
- Nov 19, '11 by MursingMedicOne of the jobs where I work, The manager and assistant manager are both guys. At my other job my supervisor is a guy.
I think as long as the old Brunhildas of nursing continue to retire, so too will their prejudices about men in nursing.
- Nov 19, '11 by DavidFRIn some countries like the UK for example, it's a well documented phenomenon that men in nursing rise to senior positions in disproportionate numbers. Some of that is attributed to larger numbers of female nurses often having to downgrade when they return from maternity leave if they reduce to part time hours, careers being put "on hold" to raise families in a way that few men ever have to do.
- Nov 22, '11 by cnagatzI'm a CNA, so don't have any personal experience with this. I will say that I know a male RN at my work who just got promoted to a manager, not two months after he finished his orientation. He was fresh out of nursing school too.
- Jan 14, '12 by MikeJonesIt's easy. You have your work cut out for you just by having a penis. Men follow the money, so that's where they end up, because they got bills to pay. Women, who knows what they do.