Describe your last day at work in 50 words or less !?
- 1Aug 27, '05 by DutchgirlRNPatient had chest pain at beginning shift, 2 hours behind all day, got a heart cath, tech lazy,dinemapp problems, I was sweaty, transfused blood, families OMG!, too many accuchecks, now they're locking the refrigerator where insulin is, where's key? IV's infiltrated, pager not working, 6 patients, I love my job!
- 1Aug 27, '05 by unknown99ESRD patient with Hgb of 7.8;gave 2 units PRBC's.
Old lady with bladder the size of a pea.
Iddm lady, accucheck 43; getting IV Glucagon.
Patient has a Physician son who is spending the night with her in her room.
Retired physician with broken hip and ALOT of confusion.
Little old very ill lady who slept all night.
Very confused lady receiving TPN, Lipids, and blood keeps pulling out Huber needle.
That was my 7 patients last night.
- 0Aug 28, '05 by General E. Speaking, RNLap chole pt to be d/c but Hgb was 7.7. N.M. scan showed a huge hematoma. T&C for 2 U PRBC's. Back to OR STAT.
TURP pt with CBI- many clots/irrigated. bloody f/c bag filling fast! IV leaking
Abd. pain pt crying for meds. IV infilltrated, veins suck. CT neg. (-)tox. screen yest BUT (+) for pot today. has been leaving the floor to smoke . Smoking a joint, I guess.
Diverticulitis pt- no problem
cellulitis pt- IV infilltrated
my five in a nutshell!Last edit by General E. Speaking, RN on Aug 28, '05
- 1Aug 28, '05 by EDValerieRNCussed by an OD lady... charcoal all over scrubs.... Head bleed, intubation, mannitol accident. Now scrubs are black/white when started out blue. Nobody can speak English! stroke one TPA given.
Lunch time! Chest pain, then guy whos rectum itched and used a steak knife to scratch it. Hello colostomy!
That should be exactly 50 words. It was a great time!
Conveniently, yesterday was probably the busiest day I've ever had. When I came home, I looked like I had been through a war.
- 0Aug 29, '05 by DutchgirlRNQuote from EDValerieRNOMG !! I cannot imagine putting a steak knife to my rectum. T-U-C-K-S spells relief for me !then guy whos rectum itched and used a steak knife to scratch it. Hello colostomy
It is hard to fit 12 hours into 50 words or less, it takes talent and lots of a.b.r.i.e.v.i.a.t.i.o.n.s !Last edit by DutchgirlRN on Aug 29, '05
- 1Aug 29, '05 by NurseCardWoman screaming all night "Oh, Jesus, help me"! Email from boss, big complaint about me from patient still on floor. Lady with zillion IV antibiotics and throwing up everywhere; antibiotics making her sick. Abd. pain admit. 8 busy patients by end of night. Acuity level on floor, through the roof.