UMSON BSN@Shady Grove Spring 2011
- 0Dec 1, '10 by SBW4RNQuestions, comments, suggestions, share info, get-to-know-you....let's chime in Shady Grovers !!Last edit by SBW4RN on Dec 1, '10
- 0Dec 2, '10 by sandi1743Hi! we started a thread for UMB-SON over here as well
University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB)-Spring 2011 - Nursing for Nurses
- 0Jan 18, '11 by SBW4RNI had a great orientation at Shady Grove. Kudos to the staff and faculty!
I feel welcomed, quite overwhelmed with the info and to be honest intimidated with the workload that the current student talked about but am confident that there're supports I can fall back to.
The class seemed very diverse but quiet. Hopefully, later we'll get comfortable to chime in.
Looking forward to start!!
- 0Jan 19, '11 by sandi1743I'll add in here and say that i really enjoyed the orientation as well.
I was not really shocked or overwhelmed by the amount of work that we were told that we will be doing in the next two years.
I will say, that getting everything done (background checks, titers, TB testing, physicals, gathering uniforms, books etc) from acceptance to the start of school has been a bit overwhelming just because we have about 2 months and the fall starting students have more time to get all of that stuff together.
Otherwise it was very nice and fun and everyone was super friendly and helpful!
- 1May 25, '11 by sandi1743Quote from Enttthere is nothing - they give you the basic that they require - go for above them. i am not giving you my grade stats etc b/c each round is different. i knew what the lowest acceptable scores were and aimed above - was I a perfect 4.0 - no but then again most people were not - but had great clinical experience as well work. i spoke to my passion of nursing - the why's and how's of why i came to decide to become a nurse after working and doing my UG degree and grad work in science.could you please give me any tips on the admission process? what was gpa? is it very competitive? how did you do on the teas? thank you. any help would be greatly appreciated.
it is very competitive - GrayLady can speak to the application/acceptance ratios as she works on that side.
I did not do the TEAS - i did the NET and had above the requirement.