Grateful for male nurses!!Register Today!
- by studentnurse96 Jul 25, '12I just want to throw out there that the best nurses I have had as a patient have been male nurses. Don't be discouraged!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=762697©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,256 Views
- Jul 26, '12 by Joe N635DCsometimes i get the vibe that the staff inthe hospital don't like us guys around, someone comes through like this. it'sgood to know that there are people out there that appreciate what you do.
- Jul 26, '12 by sweetgeorgiaI couldn't agree more. Male nurses are truly a God send and I am so thankful for their companionship, professionalism, and hard work that really helps balance out the unit and provide excellent quality care to patients. Could not be more appreciative of the fact that despite all the women in the field (some of them who are not so encouraging!), they still chose to practice as nurses. Thank you!
- Jul 26, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyI think male nurses rock!
- Jul 26, '12 by SC_RNDudeWhy would I be discouraged???
- Jul 26, '12 by Wild Irish LPNQuote from SC_RNDudeyeah, the OP is obviously a very cool person for giving us boy's props, but I get no further discouraged than any of my gal pals....oh, well it's the thought that counts lol...Why would I be discouraged???
- Jul 26, '12 by biggirl11I love male nurses on the unit. They bring something extra to the profession and break up some of the estrogen going on! I did not realize that I would be working with so many women, male nurses are a welcome change!
- Jul 26, '12 by Paco-RNI wholeheartedly thank you ...
- Jul 26, '12 by studentnurse96I think the refreshing part about having male nurses is that you guys tend to stay away from the drama and gossip that us women tend to get caught up in. I have also noticed that some (not all) men tend to be a little more patient and have a gentler bedside manner. My sons NICU nurse was male and was the BEST nurse he had!!