A "dating female students in your class" post - Page 3Register Today!
- Dec 23, '07 by caliotter3I agree with you Gilbert. It's like dating in the workplace. When things get unpleasant, they can get very unpleasant. Better to try to avoid this.
- Dec 24, '07 by babygirl87Quote from bobaganooshI thank god that I am happily married and a couple of girls in my class know it and we are all going to make a great study group because they know I have no interest in them besides proffessionaly and they have no interest in me personally because of my marriage.
it does seem to keep the girls away when they see my wifes portrait tattoo'd on my leg too
That is SO sweet. I am a female LPN student, and so is my fiance. I would hope he would do the same for me. I commend you on your committment.:spin:
- Dec 24, '07 by AtheosIsn't the whole tattoo thing like the kiss of death? Everyone I have ever seen with a name of a significant other ends up broken up/divorced from them. Maybe the picture works better.
- Dec 26, '07 by Balder_LPNWell, I have had two marriages that broke up in the last quarter of nursing school actually. What are those odds? School wasnt the cause, but the stress of it certainly didnt help our relationship. So I decided NO RELATIONSHIPS period till I graduate. Anyway, one more quarter and I have started seeing someone, but she REALLY grabbed my interest from the get go. (She is an industrial electrician, so we are both in non traditional fields, and I'll tell you; it doesnt make her any less feminine)
But no way would I date someone from class. You have to be INSANE to even think about that, what the H are you here for anyway?!?!?
- Jan 13, '08 by bobaganooshQuote from StanleyRWI can't even tell you how many times I have heard that one.Isn't the whole tattoo thing like the kiss of death? Everyone I have ever seen with a name of a significant other ends up broken up/divorced from them. Maybe the picture works better.
all I know is that when you have found the right one you wouldn't hesitate to do it. we met when we were 14 and we just had our 14th wedding anniversary. after being together 18 years I have no doubt that I will ever regret my decision of getting her portrait tattoo'd on me.
I also have my kids portraits as well.
- Jan 18, '08 by locolorenzo22I'm realitively young (27), and cannot believe the amount of drama that the females in class put up with....No guys in the program (3 now) date anybody there...it's me, the black guy, and the asian guy....I'm the first to flirt, but I know I'm not planning on making anything serious out of it. 1. We're all TOO stressed from school....our family relationships suffer enough. 2. I couldn't imagine getting the cold shoulder from everyone if things went bad.
3. It's just not worth it.
I'm waiting til after school to find somebody, although if the right one comes along, I wouldn't turn down something casual until school is over....but DON'T do it. Do you want to be responsible for making your own life miserable enough to drop out of such a coveted program?
- Jan 19, '08 by JustinTJI find it strange that not one person has found the love of their life while in nursing school. Not even one?
- Jan 19, '08 by locolorenzo22maybe getting that all exclusive foley off my skills card before I graduate would be good.....
- Jan 19, '08 by NorynAhh the memories this thread keeps bringing up. When you are young 19-20 you have almost unlimited potential, things are so much easier. Like I said I had to work and go to nursing school at that age and even managed to keep a girlfriend the second year. But to a 20 year old male there is always time to date. Sleep, nursing school, eating are just wants at that age ha! Dont even try to argue that common sense will win over hormones.
We had some great looking women in our class. One in particular was probably one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in my life. At the end of one of our semesters we were driving in the car together trying to find some family. Finally we decided to just call them for directions at a garage and I went first. All of a sudden everything in that the mechanics just about died when she stepped out of the car. The looks on their face was priceless but that is what we dealt with everyday having to be in class with her. Guys at that age just think different and by different I dont mean rationale.