Sooo nervous! Interview next week for lpn program!!Register Today!
- by alyssakp111 Feb 28Hello!
I have an interview for next Tuesday for the LPN program. I know I will be writing an essay and taking a math test that day. Any advice? What type of questions are asked? I get super nervous and red cheeked during things like this, any advice you have will be helpful!
- Feb 28 by 2bNurseMustangWhy do you want to become a nurse...How much time do you think is required for study .....what are your long term goals....how would you accept change...would do you do to help friends/co-workers....how do you handle workload/stress....some programs want to know if your working full-time if you are do or you going to continue....because full obligation may be necessary for nursing school...Good Luck. ....if I remember anymore I'll let you know
- Mar 1 by alyssakp111Okay, awesome! Thank you! Lots to think about before Tuesday!
- Mar 1 by MTmomofsixTime management, time management! LOL - they will ask you HOW you plan to fit in studying. I had to tell them specifics - like how my day would run. Believe me it's a TIGHT schedule, but if you are serious about nursing that will shine through in your interview.
- Mar 1 by alyssakp111Thank you, I will have to plan out what I will say. I won't be working, but I am a mom and wife...
- Mar 2 by ScorpioDollIf you are good in math you won't have a problem. My test included basic math along with a little algebra & geometry. As for the interview, just remain calm & poised & be sincere.
- Mar 3 by MewsinMy interview had those same questions as well as, do you have support in the community and how do you plan on paying for school.
For my math test(keeping in mind I haven't done algebra for a looooong time), they were all multiple choice, I took the answers they gave, put them into the equation and picked the one that worked out.
I also dressed well. I didn't take anything for granted in this process.
- Mar 3 by alyssakp111Thank you both for your advice. I did get black pants and blazer, and I plan to look my best. I'm not great in math, but if I passed the entrance exam, I'm hoping I'll be okay. I know I will also need to write an essay that day, which is my stronger subject!!
- Mar 3 by ScorpioDollOh, I forgot to say make sure you dress professional. I wore a pants suit with a white button down blouse. Make sure you keep the jewelry to a minimum. My earrings were small pearls without a necklace or bracelet.
I'm not saying the suit is a must, but the doctor that interviewed me did pay me a compliment on it! You wouldn't believe the outfits I witnessed! Hot pink pants, zebra print shoes, multi-colored mini skirts with lace leggings...it was awful!
After my interview, I was also required to write an essay and they had me go into the computer lab. Some of the students started talking to me and actually thought I was an instructor because of my appearance! So funny! Just put your best foot forward and go knock em' out!
- Mar 4 by alyssakp111Thank you! I got a nice black blazer and black pants, and a cute top for under. I was thinking heels, but I may be more comfortable in dressy flats. I'm okay with the essay, just really nervous for the interview and math. Even if I know what I'm doing, I tend to forget it under pressure. I'm just going to try and relax and practice math tests online until tomorrow! Did you get in? How long did you wait before finding out if you were accepted?