School withholding transcripts, diploma and threatening to not send applicationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on School withholding transcripts, diploma and threatening to not send application in LPN / LVN Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I started my 12 month LVN program in June of last, year. I officially graduated of June of this...by Trixyp Jul 28, '12I started my 12 month LVN program in June of last, year. I officially graduated of June of this year. My school then informed us of a page in the catalog that requires mandatory NCLEX review. 6 weeks long. We were all very upset but they kept telling us we wouldnt get our things. We did our loan exit counseling and we our interest is already adding up. I have to start paying my loan in 5 months. They got paid. I have no outstanding debt. They are telling me if i do not finish attending the review, i will not get the "second part" of my application sent (Our actual school work? do they really send that? its packets we did each term) and I wont get my att. Its been 13 months now, and i have to start on other things i need to do. I have been without a job for a year and this school is an hour away from my house. I cant go there anymore. The school catalog says the review is supposed to be before the comprehensive exam, and if you dont go then you cant take the final comprehensive exam. I took the exam and passed. They didnt schedule nclex review until after the exam. now theyre saying we signed the contract and we have to follow it but they are not...does this seem fair to you? are they allowed to hold my transcripts or my 20 thousand dollar diploma and not send my application in even though i have loans due because i didnt complate the nclex review? They keep making things up too. what do you think about htis.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=763649©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,983 Views
- Jul 28, '12 by caliotter3I think you need to consult an attorney.
- Jul 28, '12 by meandmine1984Yes consult an attorney asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Jul 28, '12 by JustBeachyNurseWhat state are you in? I am assuming this is a private school. Some BoN's have enacted regulations/stipulations/recommendations to prohibit schools of nursing from withholding transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of graduation pending results of commercial exit exams and review courses. You can also try contacting your board of nursing as they are there to protect the public...not only from less than stellar nurses but students from predatory schools.
- Jul 28, '12 by AheleneLPNOh my goodness. Please contact an attorney like yesterday!!!!!
- Jul 28, '12 by lovedijahI agree. Call an attorney!
- Jul 28, '12 by rayshettabrownI agree call an attorney..
- Jul 28, '12 by TrixypOh i really hope the bon has those rules! Im in california! Los angeles!
- Jul 28, '12 by xoemmylouoxThis is unfortunately one of those nightmares we hear about over and over again. Shoot I was one of those who were sold on the College Network. You may be stuck. Contact a lawyer. Best of luck to you. This is another lessoned learned.
- Jul 28, '12 by tcstr05I agree with the others, consult with a lawyer.