New LPN students, roll call, Jan 2011, 12 month program! - page 2
by dmy222 19,607 Views | 99 Comments
Just thought I'd start another roll call... I already got my immunizations, testing, acceptance, criminal checks, etc.... anyone entering in Jan 2011? where? I'll be in PA... Read More
- 1Nov 6, '10 by Grovelpnstudent[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I got into the LPN program in ct at eli whitney school and will start in January, the orientation is january 3rd so right now i'm just waiting on the books and supplies list, I am a CNA so i already have a stethoscope, the pen light and the eye dilation chart. Im nervous excited I want to be done already because Im running for RN as soon as Im done./FONT]
- 1Nov 7, '10 by ashleyj86I got accepted into the LPN program at Brevard Community College in Cocoa, Florida on my first try. My start date is January 10th, 2011. I have completed my background screening and drug testing. I have gotten my titers test drawn to see which immunizations I need to get before I begin and I am awaiting my results. I have a mandatory orientation on November 30th which also consists of a math test in which you must pass with a 90% or higher and if you do not then you will have to attend a math bootcamp. I have been a CNA and working at a LTC facility for 3 years now. I have been extremely busy with working full time and taking 4 class this semester but it will all be worth it because once this semester is done I will have my AA degree. Once I have completed the LPN program, I plan to get into the transition to RN program asap.
I wish everyone the best of luck and congratulations on making it into the program.
Does anyone know of any good reference books to get for the LPN program?
- 0Nov 8, '10 by MizzmeanI am starting at Parkland college in Champaign IL on Jan 2010 I am so excited to start I ordered all my books on Amazon.com with a total price of about 500 less than buying at the college book store! I also will rent some! Cant wait to start reading although I know when the semester starts I will be so stressed out hehe! My husband is in the Air Force and currently serving in afghanistan so when we move I will finish nursing by bridging over into the RN program!
- 1Nov 8, '10 by Christine2009Quote from MizzmeanI am starting at Parkland college in Champaign IL on Jan 2010 I am so excited to start I ordered all my books on Amazon.com with a total price of about 500 less than buying at the college book store! I also will rent some! Cant wait to start reading although I know when the semester starts I will be so stressed out hehe! My husband is in the Air Force and currently serving in afghanistan so when we move I will finish nursing by bridging over into the RN program!
I did the same thing as you...ordered my books on Amazon and Half.com and saved soooo much money! My school wanted $900 for the books and I told them "No Thank You" lol. That is a little to much to spend when you can get the same books for a lot less.
BTW, I will keep your husband in my prayers. I am so thankful my husband is no longer in the military (active). He served in the Gulf War as a medic in the Coast Gaurd and I was so stressed out whenever I heard that a US solider was killed hoping it was not my husband.
Take care and best of luck to you in school.
- 1Nov 8, '10 by kpayne94I start in January at Itawamba Community College in Fulton, Ms. I'm so excited! I currently work as a unit coordinator full time but all that will change once I start school. I'll just work the weekends. Congratulations to everyone and I pray that we all do excellent in our classes! We are RN bound!!!
- 0Nov 8, '10 by MizzmeanThanks so much!! I get to talk to him almost everyday...he is the one who processes the awards after someone passes away...he has done alot considering he just got there OCT 1st! They are sending him soon to a dangerous (one that gets attacked alot) base to do some audits! Yikes!! But I know who is control
Yep I will not pay full price for my textbooks no way! Im glad they are using the same ones from the fall semester instead of cycling new ones in. My college has a habit of making special "bundles" that you can only get from this college..with extra workbooks etc...argh!! Thank God I dont have them for this semester!