First week what you may want to prepare for!
- 5Jul 11, '13 by ashley.wilsonAlright guys I started school Monday and its been a crazy week I don't know how the school your attending us but here's what we did....
8 hours of lectures Monday- Thursday
In between lectures we worked on med term
Learned how to do vital signs, assessments & hand hygiene
For the hole first month we will be going over Basic Nursing-asepsis HIPPAA , nurse practice act and so on we will start clinicals next month yea fast the rest of this month we get checked off on bed making bed bath catheters ect
We have a test Monday over 9 chapters and just my advice learn to take your own notes don't just use the notes they give you an read the extra boxes in the chapters
- 2,857 Visits
- 2Jul 11, '13 by jheathThanks for this post! I start school on Monday, however I guess Monday we are having a slow day. We are supposed to only bring a pen, pencil, notebook, and highlighter. We are getting our photo ids I believe and going over policies that should have been done at orientation, however orientation was a JOKE!
- 0Good luck you guys and ill try to update as much a possible also I advise reading up on clinical thinking a lot of questions are scenario type question which can be confusing preety much all the answers will be right but you need to know the best answer in the situations
- 1Oh and I was super nervous too but when I woke up the first day it was like I wasn't nervous any more it was weird lol and I promise everyone there will be just as nervous trust me I asked all the people I talked to lol and yes your first day will be pretty slow pretty much doing introduction to teachers and such but be ready you'll probably dive head first the next day
- 0Jul 12, '13 by Blessed_365i start next month and im nervous as well; however we have a two day mandatory orientation the end of this month to go over rules and ATI testing. I think the thing that has me nervous the most is when the dean of the school told us at our first meeting to get our schedule on Monday that we may have to forget having a social life (that's a given fact) but also forget about eating a daily decent meal and have to settle for sandwiches...:***: