Who did you lean on??Register Today!
- by patty89 Feb 8, '12I'm starting an LPN program in October and I am trying to figure out my living situation. I currently live with my boyfriend of 5 years and he is a great support system. When I start LPN school I am hoping he will be moving with me, I feel I will need help and support in mroe ways than one. So who did you lean on while in school? Did you have someone helping you financially, mentally, emotionally? Or did you do it on your own?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=672087©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 343 Views
- Feb 17, '12 by loumomoftwoWell, my kids are grown and I started late in life in my LPN career. My husband was the man.... made my lunch every day, dinner @ nite and he new that he would not be my main focus for one year. If you plannned this together knowing that you would be busy, to say the least then it will all work out. Financially we also planned for this, and emotionally it will take a toll, but in the end you will be celebrating all of the hard work. Make sure you have dependable transportation too. Good luck you'll be fine just study hard.
- Feb 17, '12 by azcnaI will second dependable transportation! Especially if school is far from home and driving is the only option. A lot of my classmates would carpool when someone was having car troubles. Nothing is worse than having a dead battery or other problems while you are trying to leave to make it to clinicals on time!
- Feb 19, '12 by TheCommuterI was 23 years of age when I started attending an LVN program and I did it on my own. Although I realize that 'no man is an island,' I was also taught to depend on nobody to avoid getting disappointed.
- Feb 19, '12 by pinkfluffybunnyI had a had whom I lived with at the time who supported me financially but as it went on he supported me less and less emotionally. We fought constantly. About studying, me staying up to late, he even once punched a whole in the wall bc a guy texted me about switching clinicals. While I had a more extreme case I saw a lot of relationships fall apart. Make sure he knows what he's getting into.