interview for LPN rehab job...SOMEONE PLZ HELP!
- 0Apr 29, '12 by LPNTOI interviewed for a job at an elder care services center...they gave me a call back and i got a second interview with one of their units...the rehabilitation unit...does anyone know what questions I should expect to be asked for this kind of interview, and also what would be good ways to answer the questions? i need information on interview question/answers for an interview for an LPN job in a rehabilitation center! someone plz help...my interview is on Thurs May 3rd...thank you!
- 3,953 Visits
- 2Apr 29, '12 by JustBeachyNurseAnswer the questions truthfully and based upon your own background and experience. My answers are not relevant to your interview, nor can I predict what the interviewer might ask. You can try this as a starting point: Nurse Interview Questions - Nurse Interview Questions and Sample Answers
- 0Apr 29, '12 by NurseHopefulInOHWhy did you want to become a nurse?
What are you best at/worst at
What would you do in a emergency situation (ie someone falling, finding someone unconscious, possible broken hip)- have answers ready and do not hesitate at answering these questions.
Lots of specific example questions like tell us about a time you had a difficult patient how did you handle the situation? A time you had to work fast/under pressure? Something you have done you feel has made a difference in the lives of others. A time you have went above and beyond to help a patient.
Those questions really stump me! especially as a new grad! use examples from clinicals or previous jobs.
at a rehab facility they want to know you can work well under stress, can work fast, and pick up on new things.
Have questions ready for them as well such as whats the nurse/patient ratio, what kind of cases do you typically see, do I need any specialty training such as wound care or wound vacs etc.
Look at their website and learn all you can about the facility ahead of time.
google search nursing interview questions and you will find a good list of questions to practice.
- 0Apr 29, '12 by KimberlyRN89Quote from JustBeachyNurseThanks for the link! I'm going to send it to my friends.Answer the questions truthfully and based upon your own background and experience. My answers are not relevant to your interview, nor can I predict what the interviewer might ask. You can try this as a starting point: Nurse Interview Questions - Nurse Interview Questions and Sample Answers
- 0Sep 6, '12 by Riac007I recenlty started as an LPN in a rehab unit ( go me ) and one of the questions the nurse manager asked, then had follow questions about, was how i would handle a disagreement between two staff members. Basically asking me about my interpersonal problem solving skills ect ect. Whether or not I would be the rare gossipy male LPN or if I could problem solve that stuff