Canceled orientation...does it mean I really didn't get the job?Register Today!
- by NursingBro Mar 5I finished 5 days (My first week of orientation). Today they canceled a orientation date that was supposed to be for a small group of nurses.
I went back to ask them if there was a new schedule I had to follow for new orientation dates and they said. "No it can be about 2 weeks, but I will give you a call."
To me it sounded like they didnt really like me or need me so it was an easy way to say you are out of our system. I was supposedly a new hire going through orientation. I also just got my badge about 2 days ago.
Did I get fired without getting hired?
- Mar 5 by NursingBroI feel so bad. Anyone know why this would happen?
Do you think someone may have blamed something on me and tried to get them to not hire me even though I was going through the new hire orientation?
- Mar 5 by Keep_CalmI don't think so....It has to be a misunderstanding. Either I am reading this wrong, or you are misunderstanding. I would think they would talk to you if you weren't doing something to their liking. Maybe just the small group session is being rescheduled and you will continue on with the other portion of your orientation? I don't think that is the way any facility would let someone go, with no explanation like that...
- Mar 5 by NursingBroQuote from Keep_CalmThe problem is there is no more orientation or anything at all. I asked her if there is a new schedule i need to follow so that I know when to come in etc... They just said 2 weeks and that they would call. In a phone call they said couple of weeks.I don't think so....It has to be a misunderstanding. Either I am reading this wrong, or you are misunderstanding. I would think they would talk to you if you weren't doing something to their liking. Maybe just the small group session is being rescheduled and you will continue on with the other portion of your orientation? I don't think that is the way any facility would let someone go, with no explanation like that...
So it seems like they really don't need me or want me at the hospital. I am not sure what to think. I was looking forward to the job to pay bills but now I have to think if I should pay bills or use the money to survive until I find a real job.
- Mar 5 by Keep_CalmIt does sound wired....better give them a call and get it straightened out. Good luck. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.
- Mar 5 by jadelpnIt could be a matter of doing orientation in a group, and one of the group is not prepared to start orientation. It could be that the person who is orienting your group got ill, was going on a vacation there was a mix up about--could be any reason. However, that they gave you a badge that you are still in possession of is telling. If they did not like you or did not want you to work there, then they would have asked for that back. And since they did not, then one could surmise that it was an unforseen circustance that delayed orientation.
- Mar 6 by scrubwearerI had a similar situation happen to me like that. It turns out state was in the building and they didn't want orientee's running around while they were in the middle of their survey. I'd call and clarify for sure.
- Mar 6 by NursingBroI did call the same day and the main don nurse said a couple of weeks.
I don't want to call anymore because they will just say the same thing :/
We'll see how it goes.
- Mar 6 by elkparkI've had situations over the years where orientation got delayed because some key person was out sick, or something like that. If they really were letting you go, they would want the badge back and would say something specifically to you to that effect. They wouldn't just tell you orientation is delayed for two weeks and expect you to take the hint that that means you shouldn't come back ...