how much Indiana nurses make - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 25, '05 by smarkleyI worked in the OR for about 1 1/2 years before I became a private...he had to train me on some aspects such as closing the skin, but I was familiar with the procedures and the instruments. If you are interested in the OR, you should look into it...I love it! It can be very challenging at times but the technology that the surgeons use is amazing. I find it very interesting work.
- Mar 25, '05 by rnbackagainQuote from smarkleyI live about an hour from Indy! (noticed that is where you are from). Community Hosp is holding a 7 month training program for nurses interested in the OR. I am going to check it out. I have never worked at any of the Community hospitals. Are you familiar with them or this program?I worked in the OR for about 1 1/2 years before I became a private...he had to train me on some aspects such as closing the skin, but I was familiar with the procedures and the instruments. If you are interested in the OR, you should look into it...I love it! It can be very challenging at times but the technology that the surgeons use is amazing. I find it very interesting work.
- May 11, '05 by kejmq5I work in an alzheimers unit as the manager and make almost $20 per hr. been an LPN for 12 yrs, currently getting my RN
- May 12, '05 by nursejennie76I have been a LPN for almost 5 years and just finished my RN and will graduate tomorrow. I make 15.50 now as an LPN doing home care. I will be working in a ER at a magnet hospital starting Monday and I will make 22$ per hour plus 4$ an hour more for nights. Gotta love that magnet status!!
- May 12, '05 by nursejennie76Quote from cheerfuldoerMethodist is a great hospital.What a CHEAPscape of a doc! Good for that RN for quitting! :angryfire
I am trying to get a travel nurse assignment to Indianapolis, Indiana by the end of June. Does anyone know a great place to go work in that city?
I'm going there to spend the summer (maybe longer).
- Jan 19, '06 by SamNurse80At Methodist in downtown Indianapolis, I started at 19.75/hr. More for evenings, nights and weekends.
- May 28, '06 by MrsWampthangQuote from HomeNoWork723I guess I lucked out, I make......more than that........I think the going rate for nurses starting out in Indiana, at least in the Indianapolis area is around 21-22 dollars an hour though. I have interviewed for several jobs since taking the job I have, and I can't afford the paycut to go anywhere else. But, fortunately most of the time I love what I do, and I love my DON!I'm in east central Indiana. I'm topped out on RN pay at $27.85...but I've been there over 15 yrs.
- May 28, '06 by HARRN2bI guess I will have to leave this state when I finish school No wonder the Indpls star talks about the "brain drain" of this state. I did not pay for this education to earn 9-15 an hour.
- May 28, '06 by dawn1971Ummm, I don't think anyone said anything about 9-15 for an RN (except the one). In addition, a lot of these posts were last year and even the year before that.Last edit by dawn1971 on May 29, '06