how much Indiana nurses make - Page 12Register Today!
- Jul 29, '07 by lizzyberryQuote from rehab girlWow I also live in NWI is this a hospital or LTC?I've worked for the past 4 years as an R.N in NWI & make 25.30 per hour.
- Jul 29, '07 by rehab girlI work in a hospital.
- Jul 31, '07 by AMAH27I am in Northern IN and as a new grad started at $20/hr and increase to $23/hr after NCLEX. How about the rest of you?
- Aug 15, '07 by Polly DipcyaI'm a new LPN in my first hospital job in northern IN..I make 15.25 on the midnight shift. I've heard that LTC pays more but don't know for sure.
- Dec 9, '07 by superstockERI started as an RN in ICU 2.5 yrs ago making 18.00 then up to 20.00 after NCLEX. When I switched to ER less than a year into it, I was making around 24.00 (icl all the diffs). Now I am working agency, which pays anywhere from $31-47 depending on location of work and what specialty I am using (ER, ICU, Psych, Med/Surg, LTC).
I have always worked hospitals or agency in hospitals. Office jobs always pay less.
Hope this helps.
- Dec 9, '07 by jackson145Wow, it must be nice to live in northern Indiana! I'm at the southern tip of the state. These are just amounts I've learned my husband job search.
HH LPN $12/hr
LTC LPN $14/hr not sure about shift diff, though
- Dec 9, '07 by SuperStockRNWell, a little more information from my earlier post:
I earned the 18.00 by going into Michigan (we live right at the state line) which was paying about $2 more per hour as I remember. But, I went back to ER in Indiana when I made that switch.
The agency staffs for both Indiana and Michigan with the same wage spread as stated in the previous post.
Do the southern areas differ that much? What about Central Indiana like Lafayette or Indianapolis? We might move that direction, but I am afraid I will be stuck working agency to make a good hourly wage...
- Dec 9, '07 by jackson145From what I've heard, the Indy area isn't like my area. We are a real small community surrounded by real small communities. RN is one of the best paying jobs in the area.
- Dec 12, '07 by littlemamaktHello! Do RNs in NW Indiana make a little more than in South Bend? Just wondering because I know it is more expensive to live in NWI. That's part of the reason we moved back to the SB area.
- Jan 4, '08 by yardgnome(outside Bloomington) $27.00 hr prn on med/surg floor. More on nights and weekends.