License by endorsement questions
- 0Mar 20, '13 by redchicagoI am going to be applying for my IL RN licence by endorsement soon and I am a little confused about the process.
For the forms VE (verification of employment), do employers generally fill these out without giving employees a problem? I sort of feel uncomfortable doing this because I don't really want my current place of employment to know that I am likely going to be applying out of state and leaving.
For the ED-NUR form, are official transcripts acceptable or do we really need to get this form filled out by our school?
Any assistance with the process would be appreciated.
- 0Mar 21, '13 by aboxNot allowed to send private messages since i'm not more active on the site. I'm glad you started a thread so i could get back to you.
For the employment verification i can't help because i'm a new nurse and i have no experience. But for the education forms I'm pretty sure they are required and that a transcript won't do. I live near my school so i was able to go up there and they filled out the forms while i waited. If you live near i would call and see if they will do the same. If not unfortunately you will need to send them the forms and get them back. I would call them and let them know that you sent in the forms so that they can be looking for them and they don't get buried under other paperwork. I don't know how organized you are but if your like me ( a total mess) I would ask if they are willing to sign more than one copy.
If you have any other questions i will try my best to answer. I know how much of a pain that paperwork is. If you do have any other questions please private message since i get a notice in my yahoo account and i'll message you back here.
- 0Mar 22, '13 by ambellinaI also wasn't able to respond via PM (due to post count/interaction so far) and like abox, I'm a new nurse so my current employer had no problem with filling mine out since she knew I was on the job hunt for a nursing position. Like above, I also live near my school and since I had the head of the nursing department as an instructor I was able to get the NUR-ED portion filled out relatively quickly. Personally, I filed for endorsement because I live near the Iowa/Illinois border and there were a couple of positions I was considering that requested applicants to have both or obtain the other within X amount of months. If you live near state borders I don't think employers should/would take much offense; you could be applying for endorsement for reasons such as picking up a prn position..? However, I can't speak for what a NM or HR might wonder if you presented this to them, sorry!! I hope it goes well for you though!! I've finished mine and sent it in so if you have any other questions about the process, I could try to offer what I've learned form it.
- 0Apr 4, '13 by alarisFrom start to finish the process took me about 6 weeks. About 3 weeks to get everything together, although you may be able to get this all done in one week. When I had everything all set I sent it certified mail. I also called a week later to confirm that they received my paperwork. They confirmed that they received it and that they would start processing it in 7-10 days. I recieved a letter in the mail stating it was in process and a ID number that was a reference number if I needed to call and check on status. From the time I sent it, it took 3 weeks to get an endorsement license. I would be happy to answer any questions on this. Follow the packet exactly and you should have no issues.
- 0Apr 5, '13 by ggestano2002Hi there..I am also planning to endorse my Vermont license to Illinois. I am a foreign nurse and just confused regarding the processing. Do I still have to process the CES evaluation from CGFNS?or just pass my visa screen and cgfns certificate copy? Or I will just send the application form of Illinois to my school and licensing department here in my country. There's a lot of fees . How about NURSYS verification, do I still have to pay for it? Hope I can also find answers here. Thanks!