New Grad BSN, RN and cannot find a job!! HELP! - page 2
I am a recent BSN graduate from Athens, GA. I have passed my NCLEX and am desperately seeking an RN position. I have applied to: Athens Regional Medical Center, St. Mary's Healthcare System, Northeast Georgia Medical Center,... Read More
- 0Aug 26, '12 by sydneyw19Thanks for all of the advice. I'm in the process of finishing my resume right now and plan to re apply to about 10 hospitals in GA and several in FL and TX. Right now I'm mostly looking at Children's hospitals with a new grad residency or internship program when applying out of state. The market in FL (as well as the pay) is poor. I would love to work at Sacred Heart Children's in Pensacola but I don't expect to get hired. I'm also visiting my sister in Panama City next month and plan to visit some of the small hospitals in the area and handing them my resume. I've been looking into several areas in TX, including Dallas, Austin, Houston, etc. It's a long shot but I'm ready to leave the Athens area.
Sept is supposed to be a hiring month for new grads but idk how easy it will be for me to get an interview. If I don't have a job by the beginning of the year I will start to look into LTC or home health. Right now I am nannying for a family and making some money to hold me over. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be a happily employed RN! I wish the best to everyone struggling like me!
- 0Aug 26, '12 by ms_sgrTry Scott and White in Texas. they hire new grads and they pay for relocation expenses. I was hired right on the spot, but had to cancel my offer. Peachford hires new grad. You start as PRN first. Also Grady ER hires new grads and the pay is better than most hospitals. Phobe Putney hire new grads as well. I applied to almost every hospital in Georgia, Albany was the farthest. I hope that you find something soon. I definitely understand your frustration.
- 0Aug 28, '12 by emilytocI was in the same boat you're in until a couple of weeks ago. I graduated from The University of Michigan with my BSN and moved back to Atlanta in May. After I had two interviews that didn't work out, I was about to lose hope when I was able to get in touch with a manager who just happened to have two new grad positions open up. I got the job because I was recommended by staff members and proactive enough to e-mail her and interview with her at the right time. If you know ANYONE working in hospitals, see if they can pass along a manager's name and e-mail address to you! I can't believe I have a job, I thought I was going to be searching for a looooong time. Good luck!
- 0Sep 1, '12 by Marshall1Have you tried Eastside Medical in Snellville or Clearview (Walton Co). There is also Northridge in Commerce. I know Eastside hires new grads.
As far as Florida..having come from there my only advice is have your Fl. license before applying to any positions there - otherwise you will not even be considered most places.
Also, USAJOBS - The Federal Government’s Official Jobs Site
I know it's tough - even for us seasoned nurses it's tough.
- 0Nov 27, '12 by SL2014Hello, I just wanted to let you know I feel your pain. I'm in Phoenix, Arizona, I graduated in August and have applied for almost 200 jobs. I graduated with a 3.75, I have ACLS, PALS and BLS. I am a member of Sigma Theta Tau, ANA and AACN.... I can't even get a **call** back. It's rough out there, people. Keep your head up and keep being positive. Make sure to try and keep the best attitude possible despite how incredibly frustrating it is. We will make it.