1. Family members calling for info can wait, if you are busy taking care of pts.
2. Don't use gel ink pens.
3. Get a palm pilot.
4. Chart early, chart succinctly.
5. Get a pedometer and don't feel guilty about not "working out".
6. One code a day gets the heart rate up to the "target zone".
7. Always get lifting help... your back has to last you the rest of your career.
8. Trust but verify.
9. If you are overwhelmed... SAY SO! It's the only way you will get the help you need. 30-60 minutes is all the help you may need.
10. Nursing supervisors are there for a reason