This may be a silly question.. - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 11, '12 by amoLuciaIn my LTC positions, I'd be lucky just if I could find the scope and ear covers! Not too much use on 11-7, but I have used it.
- Jul 11, '12 by BelleNscrubs04We learned...sort of. We covered them briefly in health assessment and then again in 3rd semester med surg. I think it's part of our state mandated curriculum. We didn't spend much time on them. We mostly just played around with them looking in each other's ears. The instructors seemed to think that knowing how to recognize one and put it together was most important.
- Jul 11, '12 by Kdavinawe were told to know what they are but not to worry about them because it was an advanced assessment
- Jul 12, '12 by Esme12Quote from KdavinaAdvanced assessment? An otoscope? Wow.......talk about "dumbing down" the RN.we were told to know what they are but not to worry about them because it was an advanced assessment
You really don't use it much at the bedside.....but there are areas, like the ED, that it is used by nurses more often.
- Jul 12, '12 by loriangel14I am a PN and we learned how to use them in school.I have used one in the hospital where I work.